Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 F150: Brake pedal squeaking when pressed..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 F150: Brake pedal squeaking when pressed..

This sound has started during these hot months (103 degrees in Georgia!!!) and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it.

Pretty much when my brake pedal is pressed about half way in I begin to hear a "spring crunching" sound. It disappears at about 5/8ths of the way and comes back at about 3/4ths of the way and stays until you release the pedal.

I was wondering if there was a way to simply fix this problem with some lubricant/WD40. Possibly spraying the rod that goes into the brake booster(?) into the master cylinder.

Is this pretty common for this truck?

Thank you all.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check to see if there are any teflon bushings broken or missing
Old 09-14-2010, 05:09 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats a pretty strong understanding of the pedal travel with the 5/8th estimate. :P

Crawl under your dash and check it out! press the brake with your hand and source the issue.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCP281
Thats a pretty strong understanding of the pedal travel with the 5/8th estimate. :P
Thanks!

Originally Posted by JCP281
Crawl under your dash and check it out! press the brake with your hand and source the issue.
The problem is that I really don't know what I'm looking for. I just had it checked it by some guy my father knows who works on vehicles. He said it's the box that the pedal is connected to. That there's a spring and it's "normal" and to not worry about it because the part is "Over $500.00" and my "brakes are working fine." (Which they are, but the sound annoys me!)

I'm not quite sure if I'm sold on that answer yet.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ratedmedieval
Thanks!

The problem is that I really don't know what I'm looking for. I just had it checked it by some guy my father knows who works on vehicles. He said it's the box that the pedal is connected to. That there's a spring and it's "normal" and to not worry about it because the part is "Over $500.00" and my "brakes are working fine." (Which they are, but the sound annoys me!)

I'm not quite sure if I'm sold on that answer yet.
I seriously doubt your problem is a $500 fix. Crawl under the beast and look for something binding, or scraping. If its a broken piece, find out what it is and go to the hardware store and replace that part. Brake pedal engagement (really the whole pedal assembly) are extremely crude linkage systems. Were talking something an engineer whipped up in 5 min or so(safe for the electronics). IMO, at worst your going to find either a spring kinked, or a bushing messed up.

Quick Reply: 2005 F150: Brake pedal squeaking when pressed..