Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Not so good vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Not so good vibrations

Has anyone else had problems keeping their tires balanced on 2007 F150 4x4? Especially the driver side rear.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what happens if you have the driver rear balanced for the driver front? not sure if they balance them different based on front/back, but i know I always see the guys at the shop makin note of what is what. Might just be a bad tire. Some manufacturers offer free replacements if you have to use X amount of weight to balance a new tire. Atleast my Mickey Thompson have that.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will admit, the tires are junk. Originally, it came with Generals. those were terrible also. I went with a Bridgestone this time because I wanted to go bigger and they fit in my price range. We all hate the economy right now. I had brought this issue up with Ford. Nothing was resolved, though I was able to have the service dept. change all rims, as one was real bad, and tires. after having all tires balanced, the ride is smooth. but after a while it always seems to start with that same drivers rear. a real noticeable hop at about 50 mph. then all the rest go out of balance. I will switch to my most reliable tire brand, BF Goodrich. we'll see what happens then.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VanoFord
what happens if you have the driver rear balanced for the driver front? not sure if they balance them different based on front/back, but i know I always see the guys at the shop makin note of what is what. Might just be a bad tire. Some manufacturers offer free replacements if you have to use X amount of weight to balance a new tire. Atleast my Mickey Thompson have that.
a balanced tire is a balanced tire.
doesnt matter on what vehicle or where on that vehicle. it will stay balanced until a pot hole or something like that throw it out of balance.

Quick Reply: Not so good vibrations