Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

08 f150 factory remote start problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 f150 factory remote start problem

Hey,
Started my truck this morning with the remote starter no problem and run around town with a few stops. At the last stop i went into a store and when i got out i pushed the remote start and my truck didn't start. Whatever drove home and tried it again it wouldn't start. It give me 2 chrips and thats it.

2 chirps mean brake pressed or hood open. But my hood is closed and i dont push the brake pedal...
I dont think i have a hood switch(haven't seen it).

We had a huge snow storm and my rims are full of snow could that affect the "brake pressed"? Or is there a wire i could check? Or what should i do?
​​
Old 12-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Check your brake lights (including the 3rd) to make sure there are none burnt out. Are they incandescent or LED?
Old 12-28-2016, 01:43 PM

I checked all my lights and everything works fine.
A week ago i had tge abs light come one but it went away.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 PM

If all the lights work and they are NOT LEDs then you may have to look at the brake interlock. Im not sure but I believe its up under the brake pedal. Maybe see if there are any wires running from the remote start module to a switch under the brake pedal? Check the connection on those. It sounds like the remote start thinks the brake is pressed. Test your cruise control and see if it works (if you have CC) that will help you find out if there is something wiring in the electrical side of the brakes. The cruise control uses the brakes to disable also.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:55 PM

Default Problem solved

Thank you for your reply and because of you somehow solved the problem. While i was under the dash checking the brake switch i also took out the remote control box and there was a wire/color code... Checked brake wire wich was all good. Followed the grey wire(hood switch wire) back to the backseats and from there back to the front into the engine bay(who installed that). Wire was deep in engine bay hanging lose and was covered in electrical tape.. But there was an open spot and it gounded(tape came lose) and it made the unit think the hood is open.

After that had 4 chirps(i reset the remote starter unit to factory a while ago) and had to fight my way through the programming of the tach setting..

Long story short its fixed
Old 01-04-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grisha
Thank you for your reply and because of you somehow solved the problem. While i was under the dash checking the brake switch i also took out the remote control box and there was a wire/color code... Checked brake wire wich was all good. Followed the grey wire(hood switch wire) back to the backseats and from there back to the front into the engine bay(who installed that). Wire was deep in engine bay hanging lose and was covered in electrical tape.. But there was an open spot and it gounded(tape came lose) and it made the unit think the hood is open.

After that had 4 chirps(i reset the remote starter unit to factory a while ago) and had to fight my way through the programming of the tach setting..

Long story short its fixed
Great news! Glad it's fixed!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

You might want to consider adding that hood pin switch in the future. It's kind of an important safety device when working in your engine bay.