Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

'06 Lariat Replacement Radios

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '06 Lariat Replacement Radios

Mine died and I am wondering what you all have chosen if you have replaced yours.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM

Received 776 Likes on 639 Posts

I just replaced mine in my 05 XLT with a JVC KW-M560BT & I love it. I got mine from Crutchfield. I connected the harness that plugs into the radio to the one that hooks to the trucks harness, so it was a plug & play operation. I got a usb extension cable & installed it in place of the cigarette lighter so it looks like a factory install. I also hooked up a backup camera, I got a new tailgate handle w/the camera off E Bay & image is great.

Last edited by Mikes1stF150; 03-10-2024 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is sweet! Thanks for the info!
The following users liked this post:
Mikes1stF150 (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Mark

Received 2,429 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Van Halen Rocks !
Mikes1stF150 (03-11-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used an Alpine similar to the one above. I used a cheap Amazon Bluetooth to wirelessly connect to Carplay. The USB is between the Parking Sensor and Lighter and the BT unit is tucked in the ashtray. So it looks really clean and all steering wheel controls still work. The unit also dims at night. My rear camera is right above the license plate. I thought about having the USB connector for my phone come up in the tray on the dash but worried that my phone would get too hot in the sun. Sound is much better than stock, and I really like having carplay for GPS and running satellite radio via my phone. I paid to have everything installed and it came to about $500, including the unit and all the harnesses.
DANWRI85 (03-17-2024)
Old 03-17-2024, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alpine Model #'s ??

Originally Posted by Wyo150
I used an Alpine similar to the one above. I used a cheap Amazon Bluetooth to wirelessly connect to Carplay. The USB is between the Parking Sensor and Lighter and the BT unit is tucked in the ashtray. So it looks really clean and all steering wheel controls still work. The unit also dims at night. My rear camera is right above the license plate. I thought about having the USB connector for my phone come up in the tray on the dash but worried that my phone would get too hot in the sun. Sound is much better than stock, and I really like having carplay for GPS and running satellite radio via my phone. I paid to have everything installed and it came to about $500, including the unit and all the harnesses.
Do you happen to have the model #'s off the Alpine deck your using ? Also do you have any pics of your install. I'm looking to update my radio in a 2008 king ranch, while the speakers and sub are great, the head unit definitely needs updated.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:05 PM

2004 Lariat. Model number of the Alpine is in the photos. The Amazon connector was just an inexpensive one, it works like 90% of the times. Sometimes it will lose connection but not enough for me to care. It is nice not having to plug in my phone, especially on cold Wyoming mornings when it's in my coat.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:20 PM

Nice install it looks good. I would definitely try and hide my usb connections in the glove box, but i totally agree with the wireless car play. Is the truck bluetooth for phone calls worth it? or is the road noise so bad that the mic installs aren't worth the hassle ?
Old 03-17-2024, 05:29 PM

I don't ever really talk to anyone on the phone but yeah, when I tried it with my wife it was really hard for her to hear me. My mic is on the A Pillar, even with my head and there's too much noise.

I thought about the USB being in the upper tray or in the GB but this seemed easiest to deal with, especially since I didn't want to spend a lot on a Bluetooth Carplay connector. If I want to charge my phone, it's easy to access the USB too.

Having steering wheel controls is great, especially since there is no volume **** on this head unit. The touch screen works great, almost as quick as a phone-- tenths of a second slower.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo150
I don't ever really talk to anyone on the phone but yeah, when I tried it with my wife it was really hard for her to hear me. My mic is on the A Pillar, even with my head and there's too much noise.

I thought about the USB being in the upper tray or in the GB but this seemed easiest to deal with, especially since I didn't want to spend a lot on a Bluetooth Carplay connector. If I want to charge my phone, it's easy to access the USB too.

Having steering wheel controls is great, especially since there is no volume **** on this head unit. The touch screen works great, almost as quick as a phone-- tenths of a second slower.
Did your setup have a backup camera? I'd really like to do a tailgate handle camera, I've seen several mods for it on ebay

Quick Reply: '06 Lariat Replacement Radios