Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

04 F150 shakes/pulls

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 04 F150 shakes/pulls

My truck shakes/pulls when I press on the gas and I'm turning. What could it be? I had the motor changed out and now it's doing this. I don't know what it could be. I can press on the gas when I'm just driving straight and it's fine it's only when I turn and press on the gas
Old 03-26-2016, 10:58 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboynatedog
My truck shakes/pulls when I press on the gas and I'm turning. What could it be? I had the motor changed out and now it's doing this. I don't know what it could be. I can press on the gas when I'm just driving straight and it's fine it's only when I turn and press on the gas
maybe it's in 4wd? jack up truck with engine running spin front tires see if cv axles spin too
Old 03-26-2016, 11:42 PM

My trucks only 2wd 😢
Old 03-27-2016, 01:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the shaking feel like it is coming from the rear in an way? If so, it might be differential chatter. Have you changed the fluid at all?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Hootsworth
Does the shaking feel like it is coming from the rear in an way? If so, it might be differential chatter. Have you changed the fluid at all?
I haven't changed it. I'm not sure I feel as if it's just my tires rubbing but then again some people said it sounds like the rear in
Old 03-27-2016, 01:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't changed it. I'm not sure I feel as if it's just my tires rubbing but then again some people said it sounds like the rear in
When I first got my truck, it would sometimes shake pretty bad in the rear upon turning. It'd run just fine straight but it would shake when turning.

It was because my differential needed some TLC. I did a fluid change and the shaking went away completely. If you've got a Limited-Slip Differential you'll need to make sure you add the friction modifier, even if your oil says it has it in it, grab a bottle of the Motorcraft Modifer and stick that in there as well should you go that route.

Doesn't hurt to try that, it's not a terribly expensive/time intensive job.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hootsworth
When I first got my truck, it would sometimes shake pretty bad in the rear upon turning. It'd run just fine straight but it would shake when turning. It was because my differential needed some TLC. I did a fluid change and the shaking went away completely. If you've got a Limited-Slip Differential you'll need to make sure you add the friction modifier, even if your oil says it has it in it, grab a bottle of the Motorcraft Modifer and stick that in there as well should you go that route. Doesn't hurt to try that, it's not a terribly expensive/time intensive job.
Thanks I will try that!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My truck was doing this after I replaced my brake pads. And it was my front passenger brake caliper that seized up and caused it to shake and pull. I would check that. If that's your problem it will need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: 04 F150 shakes/pulls