Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Aux Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Wiring Aux Lights

Let me preface this post by saying I have searched for the past two hours using this board as well as Google to find the answer. So if it has already been posted, please spare me the lecture and just share the link.

I just bought two sets of aux lights. One set will be back up lights and the other set will be an extra pair of fog/driving lights. I bought complete kits, so I dont need any wiring or relays. However, with both kits I am supposed to wire the switch to constant power. I believe I have two options here: find a wire with constant power and tap into it OR go right to the fuse box. I am not sure how to do either, so some help would be appreciated. The fuse box seems like the better option, but again, not sure how to do that. Do I use an open fuse? If so, how do I know if it is open and how do I hook up to it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Captain,
How much power are the lights going to use? If they are high power then I would go to the battery and put a fuse in line. If they low power use, under 2-3 amps then t-tapping into a constant line would be another option. Make sure that you have a fuse in line with the lights. If you have other questions you can PM me. Also take into account the routing of the wire and the switch placement to turn them on/off.

Quick Reply: Wiring Aux Lights