Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield washer fluid level

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I ran out of washer fluid the other day and couldn't help but wonder why I didn't get a low level warning on that fancy display in the instrument cluster. Is this something that Ford doesn't do? What about engine oil level warnings? It's kind of a pain in the *** when you try to wash the windows and you're out of fluid. I just can't see why Ford wouldn't do this in 2013 when my 11 year old GMC has these things. Guess I just got spoiled over the years and now I'll have to check levels manually. Just wondering if this is not a feature of these trucks or if something is actually malfunctioning.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Received 584 Likes on 404 Posts

Yep. No washer fluid light. Not sure about oil. If it gets low enough you will get an oil pressure light. That work?

Old 11-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

That's what I was afraid of. Not really worried about engine oil level though. Only reason I know that my old truck has that is because of the oil leak it has now which is partially the reason I bought a new truck. I tried to get a Ford that was as close as possible to my Z-71 but I keep finding little things that it's lacking. Nothing bad enough to send me back to GM though. Although, I do have some build quality concerns that I need to bring to my dealers attention and see how they handle it. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

More first world problems.
The following users liked this post:
RES4CUE (11-28-2013)
Old 02-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Gus

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here man. Over all I'm happy with the truck but the odd thing here and there gets me.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 405 Likes on 329 Posts

I also use and rely on my washer fluid. But I never run out. I do my own oil changes and while the oil is draining I check and top off other fluids. I pick up a couple gallons of the blue fluid when I get my oil/filter. I never takes more than 1/2 gal to fill it up.

Even if you don't change your own oil, most shops check/top off fluids as part of the service.

How hard can it be. And with all that's going on in the world and mass shooting right here at home, washer fluid is the last of my worries.

Edit, I just saw where this was a 5 year old thread, but same thoughts still apply.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Gus

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jhanna
I also use and rely on my washer fluid. But I never run out. I do my own oil changes and while the oil is draining I check and top off other fluids. I pick up a couple gallons of the blue fluid when I get my oil/filter. I never takes more than 1/2 gal to fill it up.

Even if you don't change your own oil, most shops check/top off fluids as part of the service.

How hard can it be. And with all that's going on in the world and mass shooting right here at home, washer fluid is the last of my worries.

Edit, I just saw where this was a 5 year old thread, but same thoughts still apply.
Thanks for your 2 cents bud

Quick Reply: windshield washer fluid level