Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upradgin to sync 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upradgin to sync 3

Hello everyone,
I am brand spanking new to this forum. I have seen threads about updating a 2014 sync stereo. Which I am sure given enough time i can figure it out. But I was curious as I stubbled across a website that offers a kit to update the system to sync 3. From what I found on different ford sites is that it is not possible. I just wasn't sure if anyone on here has used this kit from:

https://intelligent1tech.com/product...31860084473934

they say they are OEM conversions and ask for the vehicles Vin, i guess for them to program the kit for my truck. I am just questioning the validity of it.

Any help or insight to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I also hope I am not kick a dead horse and have missed a post that could help me from in the past of these threads.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:44 AM
Triton

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Haven't seen that supplier/web address before, but it is possible. I bought mine from a ebay dealer. Most likely a chinese knockoff with a factory bezel. They ask for vin to pre program controls but you may need to adjust some in Forscan.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:03 PM

Thank you for the information, I have been looking at ones on ebay but have been unsure of which direction to go because i try to investigate any seller.
I also have never dealt with forscan but with needing to program thing on the truck i will have to start working with that program sooner than later.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:24 PM
Triton

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Same here. I haven't installed mine yet so I can't really advise you on that. The radio bezel looked like it came out of a used truck that had been flooded or sitting for a very long time. The buttons were a little rough and scratches all over the place. The post said it was supposed to be new, so I asked for a refund on that part to get a new one. They offered me some money in return to replace. I've used Forscan before, but never programmed with it. I don't have a laptop capable of connecting to it just yet, so I'm trying to find something cheap locally. Hopefully I can get this all done in the next week or so.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:46 PM

That would bother me, seeing that ford has stopped producing the bezel. The places I have been looking off ebay have been stating that they are from used vehicles so scratches and such are to be expected. I am very nervous to touch programming. I can rebuild an engine but programming and such make me nervous, hopefully my tech savvy brother can help. I wish you the best of luck in doing the conversation.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Amazon Amazon
For what it's worth, i went this route on my 2014 Lariat when the APIM decided to stop working. It's about half the price of many replacement "kits" and is very complete. It was an easy swap and everything works as described. An Apple Carplay module was included and eliminates the need to cable the phone to the system. Music, phone, messages, Google maps, etc. all work flawlessly. The supplied navigation also works well, if you choose to not use Google maps. And, no more SD map cards, which I understand that updates will be discontinued. I've used FORscan for other purposes but it was not needed to complete this change.

Mine has been in service for more than two years, with zero problems. Giving your VIN to the seller allows them to pre-program the radio for all the features of the truck. No complaints and MUCH better than the Sync2 originally supplied.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:22 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

https://watson-tech.net/ has everything you need

Quick Reply: Upradgin to sync 3