Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Solenoid problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Default Transmission Solenoid problems

anyone had one replaced.
My truck is a 2012 FX4 Crew Ecoboost.
one day as i was pulling out of a parking spot the truck just felt different and when I was on the road and needed to shift to 2nd nothing it was staying in first. The gear gauge was jumping from 1st to 3rd back and forth. So I pulled over and turned off the truck and let it sit. Now not lights or dings happened when this was going on. So I turn the tuck back on and its fine. Few days later it happened again this time it was stuck in 5th. Tried to do manual still stuck in 5th tried shifting to 1st still stuck in fith. Then after a mile or 2 bamb shifted down to 1st at the 3rd stop light. Anyone have this issue? Ford said it was the solenoid and put in a new one. There were no codes that came up the dealer said the tech followed the electric map or something like that to come up the the solenoid conclusion.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgehemi0
anyone had one replaced.
My truck is a 2012 FX4 Crew Ecoboost.
one day as i was pulling out of a parking spot the truck just felt different and when I was on the road and needed to shift to 2nd nothing it was staying in first. The gear gauge was jumping from 1st to 3rd back and forth. So I pulled over and turned off the truck and let it sit. Now not lights or dings happened when this was going on. So I turn the tuck back on and its fine. Few days later it happened again this time it was stuck in 5th. Tried to do manual still stuck in 5th tried shifting to 1st still stuck in fith. Then after a mile or 2 bamb shifted down to 1st at the 3rd stop light. Anyone have this issue? Ford said it was the solenoid and put in a new one. There were no codes that came up the dealer said the tech followed the electric map or something like that to come up the the solenoid conclusion.
I had one changed out in 2011. Mine stuck in 3rd and wrench was lit up. Also the electric fans stayed running constantly. They got codes from mine I believe.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM

no lights no codes on mine weird..
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine fixed a couple of months ago......it took a while for the dealer to find the problem. At first it would happen every once in a while and I would take it in and it wouldnt show any codes. finally it started happening every freaking day so i left it at the dealership for a day and they finally were able to diagnose it....needless to say the problem is gone now and i am back in love with my truck!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 PM

good to hear so the symptoms i described are what you where having to?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it was the same symptoms and it got progressively worse
Old 12-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_dee03
I just got mine fixed a couple of months ago......it took a while for the dealer to find the problem. At first it would happen every once in a while and I would take it in and it wouldnt show any codes. finally it started happening every freaking day so i left it at the dealership for a day and they finally were able to diagnose it....needless to say the problem is gone now and i am back in love with my truck!!!
i think I'm having the same issue. The dealer said they are going to replace the wiring harness. I told them about your issue as they seem to be exactly as mine. They have a code but they seem to be puzzled. I hope this will help.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

If I remember tomorrow I will look at the tsbs for the transmission. I know there is at least one that has to do with changing out 3 of the solenoids. Cannot remember which ones. But I do remember that you will have to get them to take them out and order the right ones as there is no way of telling which part number to order until you physically look at it. Not all the solenoids have the same part number even in the same trans on 2 vehicles of the same year. The solenoids function will be the same but the number will be different. So expect to be out of a truck for at least a day if not two
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Originally Posted by CollinM
If I remember tomorrow I will look at the tsbs for the transmission. I know there is at least one that has to do with changing out 3 of the solenoids. Cannot remember which ones. But I do remember that you will have to get them to take them out and order the right ones as there is no way of telling which part number to order until you physically look at it. Not all the solenoids have the same part number even in the same trans on 2 vehicles of the same year. The solenoids function will be the same but the number will be different. So expect to be out of a truck for at least a day if not two
thanks I keep you UTD
Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Problem not solved. Back at dealership. Wiring harness didn't fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Transmission Solenoid problems