Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS module fake signal sender....thing, does such a device exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 01:51 PM
OG

Received 243 Likes on 194 Posts

Default TPMS module fake signal sender....thing, does such a device exist?

so basically i was too lazy and cheap to swap tpms to my new wheels, mostly because i dont want/need them anyway. Being that china can make nearly anything, im wondering if anybody knows of a device that will send a fake tire pressure signal to the tpms module to get the stupid light and warning screen to go away?
Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 PM
2010 F-150 XL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be cool.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My buddy put the TPMS's into a sealed PVC pipe that had a valve stem sticking out so he could fill it with air and maintain pressure and the TPMS didn't alarm.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

PVC solution has been proven to not work as batteries shut down when wheel is not in motion.
The following users liked this post:
morehousej (11-05-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
PVC solution has been proven to not work as batteries shut down when wheel is not in motion.
I believe what happens is the signal is sent less frequently when the vehicle is not in motion. The batteries don't shut down. If this was the case then if you got stuck in a traffic jam the idiot light on the dash would come on due to no signal. I don't know of anyone with a Ford that has done the PVC pipe or wheelbarrow tire trick but many have done it with Toyotas.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 142 Likes on 135 Posts

I've done the PVC pipe trick on my old Chrysler, it worked well but these were circa 2003 and I believe (as previously mentioned) that the sensors need to be moving. The problem with these TPMS by-pass solutions is that it would create a large liability for whoever would be involved in it, that's probably why it hasn't been widely produced.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

i think up till 2012 you can do the PVC thing, but since 2013 they sensors have to rotation for them to be seen by the computer. when i swaped my raptor wheels on i didnt put sensors in it and its been almost 3 years. after a while you dont notice the light anymore.
Ricktwuhk (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:49 AM
OG

yeah i dont have the sensors anymore anyway. It should be a stupid simple product to make since they either just transmit psi integer or a frequency. Just make some dumb little dongle that plugs into USB that transmits that constantly.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Think for a minute. A company produces a device that avoids a safety feature built into the vehicle. One person dies as a result from a high speed blowout caused by a low pressure tire giving way. Yeah, that's going to end well for the company that made that product...

Like any safety device added to vehicles because the general population is too dim witted to do things like keep their tires inflated, society benefits from TPMS. Those that choose to intentionally get around it both set themselves up for lawsuits should an accident occur (or if they sell the vehicle with it disabled and don't tell the buyer), and further validate Darwin's Law.

But, as stated, you can't get around the new ones with a PVC tube.

On a related matter, saw a jacked up pickup the other day with a left rear tire noticeably underinflated. Another victory for Darwin!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:19 AM
OG

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Think for a minute. A company produces a device that avoids a safety feature built into the vehicle. One person dies as a result from a high speed blowout caused by a low pressure tire giving way. Yeah, that's going to end well for the company that made that product...

Like any safety device added to vehicles because the general population is too dim witted to do things like keep their tires inflated, society benefits from TPMS. Those that choose to intentionally get around it both set themselves up for lawsuits should an accident occur (or if they sell the vehicle with it disabled and don't tell the buyer), and further validate Darwin's Law.

But, as stated, you can't get around the new ones with a PVC tube.

On a related matter, saw a jacked up pickup the other day with a left rear tire noticeably underinflated. Another victory for Darwin!
Oh for sure but safety doesn't stop thousands of generic chinese sellers from selling unbranded devices all over sites like ebay, amazon, aliexpress, etc

Hell they sell counterfeit items on those sites all the time, this would be the least of their worries.
DarkHelmet314 (11-06-2016)