Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Reboot - Scheduled Maintenance????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Sync Reboot - Scheduled Maintenance????

So after 1500 miles on the truck I set out for a trip to Austin Tx from Houston. I get about 30 miles out and my MFT screen goes black....hmm this can't be good. Then after a few minutes I see what looks to be a reboot of sync and a generic message pops up about a scheduled maintenance update so I think, oh, ok this can't be bad. At any rate after a few more minutes this completes and I am back in action.

Then my girlfriend calls and I notice my bluetooth won't work...she can't hear me and I can't hear her. So I switch to using the phone (non hands-free) and complete the call. Then it seems nothing will work. The radio didn't return to playing, pushing on any of the other buttons, nav, sirius, fm, am, nothing works. So I pull over, turn the truck off and open my door to make sure sync is shutdown. I restart the truck and the radio resumes playing where it was before all of this.

So, I call my girlfriend back and again, bluetooth won't work. I hang up and again, nothing on the MFT works. I then notice when I use the volume **** it appears that it is stuck in phone mode because it says by the volume as I increase it...phone volume. Well I am not using the phone. So I disconnect the phone, delete the phone, re-add the phone, etc and nothing works. Once again I pull off the road and repeat the process above so at least I can listen to music for the rest of the drive. I made sure to make no calls nor accept any or that would screw up everything.

Well that was on Friday, had the problem all weekend and so today I search the net and can't find anything directly related but did find someone mentioning a master reset.

I did this about 10 minutes ago and it seemed to fix the problem but I had to re-add the phone and reset all of my options, i.e. sirius station settings, phone, phone book, quick dial, etc, etc. I also lost all of my navigation points. At least I can use hands-free again and it doesn't screw up everything else.....ah, just like it did before this supposed system reboot. So, WHAT IN THE HECK HAPPENED? Should I break up with the Girlfriend?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Same thing happens to me:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/why-mi...liable-207077/

Someone even suggested I use paper maps! I'd like to know why it's happening too.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Senior Member 13 Platinum

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nullname
Same thing happens to me:

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/why-mi...liable-207077/

Someone even suggested I use paper maps! I'd like to know why it's happening too.
It is Microsoft But mine does it sometimes too. Also my wifes 2011 explorer does it.

Quick Reply: Sync Reboot - Scheduled Maintenance????