Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Paint Polishing Guru

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Sync Navigation

I've searched, called Sync help, and still not fix to this issue.

Here in Utah, Idaho, and some other states we have a different address system that is used and Sync voice won't work with it.

If I say Navigate to: 285 North 1170 East it won't work. I try to type it in it won't work.

Anyone else have this issue and found a work around? I don't have this issue when I use my iPhone or Android systems, they work perfect!

Cheers,
GREG
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
6 Leaker Survivor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reflections Detail

Here in Utah, Idaho, and some other states we have a different address system that is used and Sync voice won't work with it.

If I say Navigate to: 285 North 1170 East it won't work. I try to type it in it won't work.

Anyone else have this issue and found a work around? I don't have this issue when I use my iPhone or Android systems, they work perfect!

Cheers,
GREG
I drive a lot, work related, always looking for addresses. I use Google Maps on my phone. My phone is hands down has a more user friendly GPS. Google Maps is always being updated also. It's also nice on GMaps for example you can say find Cracker Barrell. Now, when we go on vacation and other long distance trips, I program the Nav in the truck before we leave. I would not get care if I didn't have the in dash Nav but I LOVE the rear camera.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

OP- You talk to dealer; if so what did they say? You cant be the only one to have issues in your area since F150s are popular. Its most likely the sets of #s throwing it off.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Paint Polishing Guru

^^^^ Yes they had no idea and told me to contact Sync help.

Cheers
GREG
Old 03-15-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^ Yes they had no idea and told me to contact Sync help.

Cheers
GREG
Call another dealer...lol. Dont blame you for coming to forum with issue. I will try that addy later and see what I find out on my Nav. So far my issue with MFT is that the radio will not power on and only work around is using Voice Command. Mentioned to dealer and they said it has something to do with syncing to my iPhone. Still happens when connected to phone or not...lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 PM
6 Leaker Survivor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried that address and my GPS couldn't handle it. I said that address in my Google Maps and my phone had it in 5 seconds. I didn't know the city and it found it in Logan, Utah. The phone that is.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Cheers,
GREG
Mine is a 2012 so not MFT, but I just entered 1170 East as the street name, then it gave me some ranges, one covered 285 North - pick that one and enter 285. And it worked great. {Actual address I used was different of course, but same format.} If you want me to try your actual address, just PM me and I'll give it a try.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:02 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Download (Sync Destinations) its a APP for your phone! Works great its was I use and never had a problem! My salesman downloaded it to my phone and also showed me how easy it is to use....
Old 03-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Paint Polishing Guru

Originally Posted by Legendsk
Mine is a 2012 so not MFT, but I just entered 1170 East as the street name, then it gave me some ranges, one covered 285 North - pick that one and enter 285. And it worked great. {Actual address I used was different of course, but same format.} If you want me to try your actual address, just PM me and I'll give it a try.
It won't when you voice it in as you drive, and when I go to type it in it won't exactly give me the exact address.

Like I've said I've called Ford Sync and spoke with the engineers and they said "its not set up to work with these types of addresses" There was no we're working on it, we know about this, we give a crap........

Cheers,
GREG
Old 03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Problem Solver

Received 358 Likes on 262 Posts

Hmm...

Mine works with our address, similar format.

Example:

1200 North 12th Ave West
(number) (N or S) (Street) (E or W)

Always confuses people.

Quick Reply: Sync Navigation