Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange issue with sync and Bluetooth audio autoplay

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Strange issue with sync and Bluetooth audio autoplay

I have a 2010 Lariat with factory sync/nav setup. I have an iPhone 6 with the latest ios8 update. I also recently had my truck at the dealer and they installed the latest sync update to try to fix this issue, it did not.

Every time I start my truck my phone automatically plays music via Bluetooth audio from whatever the last music app I had opened. If no music app is open it plays my iTunes. My sync system stays on the last radio station I was playing when I got out of my truck so I don't hear it over my speakers unless I switch to BT Audio. It's annoying because it still plays from my phone and drains my battery/uses my data depending on what app it decides to play music from and the only way to stop it is to hit pause on my iPhone but since it only plays in the background and not through my speakers I usually forget to do this.

This happens EVERY time I start my truck. I have turned off the autoplay feature on both my sync and my iPhone. I've tried closing all my apps (it automatically opens iTunes when I do this) I've tried setting my apps to not play over data, I've tried restarting and unpairing/repairing my devices multiple times. I just can't find a solution to this issue.

This has been going on since I got my truck, it did the same thing with my iPhone 5 and ios7

From the research I've done it seems to be triggered when my iPhone receives the pairing from a BT audio device it automatically starts playing but I can't turn this "feature" off. Does anyone have a solution?
Old 05-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi Lariatstang,

While you're connected to SYNC, pull up your Bluetooth settings on the iPhone and uncheck MEDIA. Once you do that, SYNC will no longer automatically start playing. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Quick Reply: Strange issue with sync and Bluetooth audio autoplay