Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaking noise coming from passenger-side safety belt buckle

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM
IM NOT A JUNIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking noise coming from passenger-side safety belt buckle

I don't know if I'm posting in the section but I got a 2012 f150 xlt and today i was pulling a Rv and when i got down the road every time I hit a bump there is a Squeaking noise coming from passenger-side safety belt buckle i unhitched the Rv and the noise never stopped its driving me CRAZY anyone had this problem
(sorry for bad grammar using a cell phone)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Common problem (had it myself on driver's side). Take some lithium grease spray and squirt the bottom of the seat belt buckle where it attaches to a bolt on the side of your seat. The noise is from the buckle moving/sliding on that bolt over bumps.

After you spray the grease, leave the doors or windows open overnight to let the smell evaporate (it will fade completely if you do this).
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM
IM NOT A JUNIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Common problem (had it myself on driver's side). Take some lithium grease spray and squirt the bottom of the seat belt buckle where it attaches to a bolt on the side of your seat. The noise is from the buckle moving/sliding on that bolt over bumps.

After you spray the grease, leave the doors or windows open overnight to let the smell evaporate (it will fade completely if you do this).
Thanks for the info seems like it went away now
Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doogie
Thanks for the info seems like it went away now
Well I have a popping sound that sounds like it's coming from the where the seat belts comes out of the side of the truck and goes through the hook or what every you call it before it comes across my shoulder. I compared the hook to my wife's Ford Flex and noticed hers has metal all around the inside of it and on my 2012 F150 there is only metal on the bottom part of the hook. I think my seat belt is half on the metal and half on the plastic. The popping sound is there no matter where I adjust it. Not sure how to stop the popping on it but it's driving me bonkers

Quick Reply: Squeaking noise coming from passenger-side safety belt buckle