Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software update

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:19 PM

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Software update

Is there a TSB or software update concerning the power fold mirrors?

Mine click and pop when folded if the truck is unlocked, I found the glass contacts the plastic door trim panel. If i manually "flatten" the glass before they fold it works perfect, but its one of them things i tend to forget often
also while they are changing the software can we get the mirrors ro tilt down about 5 degrees when you shift into reverse so we can see better out back along the sides
Old 12-28-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by powerboatr
Is there a TSB or software update concerning the power fold mirrors?

Mine click and pop when folded if the truck is unlocked, I found the glass contacts the plastic door trim panel. If i manually "flatten" the glass before they fold it works perfect, but its one of them things i tend to forget often
also while they are changing the software can we get the mirrors ro tilt down about 5 degrees when you shift into reverse so we can see better out back along the sides
You have the power fold mirrors but not the backup camera? I can not believe it. If you have the camera you don't need to use the mirrors for backing...................

Last edited by schrod; 12-28-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I was an *******
Old 12-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 169 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by schrod
You have the power fold mirrors but not the backup camera? I can not believe it. If you have the camera you don't need to use the mirrors for backing...................
not to be an xxxxxxxx but the 2013 backup camera does have a blind spot
my 2010 you could see the area bit better to the sides...but

neither would let you see the curb area well enough to back up without the side mirror usage
I had a caddy once that the side mirrors dropped a few degrees when reverse was selected it allowed some enhanced vision at where the rear end and tires were going.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:09 AM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

You should always use the mirrors. You might want to look left and right too, because the camera won't do that.
Cameras are great for tight spaces,and backing up to trailers.
The following users liked this post:
D Wilson (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 01:12 AM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

not to be an xxxxxxxx but the 2013 backup camera does have a blind spot my 2010 you could see the area bit better to the sides...but neither would let you see the curb area well enough to back up without the side mirror usage I had a caddy once that the side mirrors dropped a few degrees when reverse was selected it allowed some enhanced vision at where the rear end and tires were going.
My Jeep Grand Cherokee mirrors tilted down when you put it in reverse.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Bad Mofo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also noticed that the mirror glass hits the door and is forced to move when folding the mirrors, and think it is ridiculous. I have to hit the memory button after folding them back out to put them back in place. My Silverado would move the mirror flat before folding and readjust it automatically after folding it back out.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

not to be an xxxxxxxx but the 2013 backup camera does have a blind spot
my 2010 you could see the area bit better to the sides...but

neither would let you see the curb area well enough to back up without the side mirror usage
I had a caddy once that the side mirrors dropped a few degrees when reverse was selected it allowed some enhanced vision at where the rear end and tires were going.
I had 2011 Platinum with camera and now have 2013 Platinum with camera and I do NOT have a blind spot. Also with the line layout you know exactly where the sides of the truck are. You do NOT need mirrors for backing. I have done it many times. I have checked to make sure and I always have plenty of room to spare if you do NOT cross the lines. I can back into a parallel parking spot and get perfectly against the curb with my tires without using mirrors, only the camera.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I had 2011 Platinum with camera and now have 2013 Platinum with camera and I do NOT have a blind spot. Also with the line layout you know exactly where the sides of the truck are. You do NOT need mirrors for backing. I have done it many times. I have checked to make sure and I always have plenty of room to spare if you do NOT cross the lines. I can back into a parallel parking spot and get perfectly against the curb with my tires without using mirrors, only the camera.
So you're that guy?

I call BS, you should use your mirrors primarily and then use camera for close up and hitching.

I can see it now, you would look like a teenage girl staring at your center console while maneuvering a 6000# truck. Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by RES4CUE:
D Wilson (12-29-2013), mrgooden (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 156 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010stx4by4
My Jeep Grand Cherokee mirrors tilted down when you put it in reverse.
so did my 2003 silverado. i actually mis that feature a lot in my F150. I found it extremely helpful backing into parking spots.

Quick Reply: Software update