Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show us your contractor rigs.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Show us your contractor rigs.....

As stated, please show us your trade outfitted truck and list equipment and what trade your in.

I'm a remodeling contractor and have only had my FX4 for about 2 months and don't yet have her outfitted the way I want. I'm torn between hi-side and low side, side mount boxes with a cross over box. I will carry plywood and drywall in the bed and don't want to crowd the bed too much.

BTW, mine is white 2011 FX4, Screw, 6.5, Luxury, Sony Nav, etc
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Nathan

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Meet Lobo, my work partner

My wife has kept asking what my truck's name is, and this week I discovered it is "The Wolf." Lobo. You can see the tag on the fenders and tailgate.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo.jpg

As I've posted elsewhere, Lobo is my work partner, and he's well equipped to help me get the job done. I've been a painting contractor for almost 40 years, and I know what I need in my truck.

The truck's equipment includes a Leer canopy with locking tool boxes on each side, Ford bed steps, a rear hitch step and a rolling cargo bed. There are also a number of custom mods completed and more underway.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo1.jpg
Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo2.jpg

I wish I had a nice location to take better shots, but with the weather we're having a half-block drive would have Lobo covered in street grime.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo3.jpg

You can see how easy it is to get to everything.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo4.jpg

I removed the rear seats and built shelving. At the floor level I keep several trays of fasteners and other small items. The shelf above has my survival kit, and room for paint cans. The top shelf has space for whatever I need. In the center of the top shelf I have mounted a plastic filing cabinet, in which I keep my invoices, color swatches, Visa machine, etc. All the shelving you see is modular and can be removed in less than 5 minutes, as there are only 2 fasteners.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo5.jpg

To be continued...
Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Nathan

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

From the driver's side you can see the filing cabinet. It is accessed by pulling the center "arm rest" down, and there is room for the drawers to slide all the way open. As you can see there is another small space at the floor level. I hate using so much space for a vacuum, but my clients really appreciate it.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo7.jpg

I never guessed how useful those side tool boxes on the canopy would be. I'm not completely organized yet, but getting there.

Show us your contractor rigs.....-lobo6.jpg

I've decided to get Harley Davidson headlights, but can't decide whether Recon tail lights or Harley Davidson tail lights will look better with Lobo's silver color.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont have any pictures nor do I own a big company or a fleet of trucks.....lol. But I wanted to mention that the construction company I work for, Fundy Pros has a small fleet of brand new Ford F150 and 250s for the formans as well as some older ford vans and trucks as work trucks.
I myself am just a drywaller and a framer, though I might ask for a decal, because I am proud of what I do.

Also I do have a small janitorial and painting company registered in my name, so maybe someday soon I`ll roll with it and get my own thing going
Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
XLT Sport

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan_nathaniel
From the driver's side you can see the filing cabinet. It is accessed by pulling the center "arm rest" down, and there is room for the drawers to slide all the way open. As you can see there is another small space at the floor level. I hate using so much space for a vacuum, but my clients really appreciate it.

Attachment 75462
You don't waste any space with your setup I am still sorting out my mess and am going to be making so changes to better organize my truck so keep posting pics guys and gals.

Quick Reply: Show us your contractor rigs.....