Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start / window issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start / window issue

Has anyone had an issue with their windows not rolling down once they get into the truck after remote starting it? About 75% of the time I remote start my truck either the driver's side or the passenger's side window will not roll down. If I turn the truck off and back on the windows will roll down. It only happens when I remote start it. Is this a known problem?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
Has anyone had an issue with their windows not rolling down once they get into the truck after remote starting it? About 75% of the time I remote start my truck either the driver's side or the passenger's side window will not roll down. If I turn the truck off and back on the windows will roll down. It only happens when I remote start it. Is this a known problem?
1st I've heard of it, are you by chance not turning the key all the way to run before you try the windows? I've done it a few times my self.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
1st I've heard of it, are you by chance not turning the key all the way to run before you try the windows? I've done it a few times my self.
No, this is after driving the car. I usually notice it because when backing into my garage I have to roll a window down to see due to the tint on my windows.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 226 Likes on 158 Posts

I noticed sometimes when I get in my truck after remote starting, either both heated seats will be on the same settings 1-3, and in the summer both a/c seats will be on at either 1,2, or 3. They're obviously supposed to turn off after putting the key in. It's a pretty rare occurrence though. Gremlins....

Quick Reply: Remote Start / window issue