Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Remote Start issues

I have 2013 FX4 app screw, with factory remote start. My remote start seems to only start the truck 50% of the time, and of coarse this starts right after my warranty runs out. I called the dealer and was told there was a service bulletin on the range, and a kit that moves the antena. The kit is only $30, but they get 6 hours to do the work. I don't think this will be my cure simply because it doesn't even work sometimes when I am standing a foot away from it. Has any had this problem? It's not that big of an issue right now being it is still warm, but winter is coming and I live in the frozen state of MN. If I could find an after market system that had the same features as the factory system I would replace it. I love that over 60 it turns the A/C-a/c seat on, and under 60 turns the heat and heated seat on.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Is the 200 series and the two-way the same thing?

Beau does your 2-way kit for $215 come with all 4 parts listed in the post above for the 2-way?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich55016
I have 2013 FX4 app screw, with factory remote start. My remote start seems to only start the truck 50% of the time, and of coarse this starts right after my warranty runs out. I called the dealer and was told there was a service bulletin on the range, and a kit that moves the antena. The kit is only $30, but they get 6 hours to do the work. I don't think this will be my cure simply because it doesn't even work sometimes when I am standing a foot away from it. Has any had this problem? It's not that big of an issue right now being it is still warm, but winter is coming and I live in the frozen state of MN. If I could find an after market system that had the same features as the factory system I would replace it. I love that over 60 it turns the A/C-a/c seat on, and under 60 turns the heat and heated seat on.
I would start with the basic steps. Have you changed the batteries in the key fob? I have the 100 series and have no problem with my range. On 14 xlt
Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by biscuit141
Is the 200 series and the two-way the same thing?

Beau does your 2-way kit for $215 come with all 4 parts listed in the post above for the 2-way?
From my understanding the 200 series kit and 2-way are the same thing, but clarification would be nice to make sure. I have been doing some reading and I am now interested to hear more about the remote access kit. With that kit you can upgrade your factory system to be controlled by your smart phone. As long as you have cell signal you can lock/unlock, start, and control the security system from any distance. You can add the optional shock sensor, and led kits to make it a true security system. From what I have read the system will send you a text or email that is date and time stamped if the alarm is triggered. Does anyone use this kit?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by needparts
I would start with the basic steps. Have you changed the batteries in the key fob? I have the 100 series and have no problem with my range. On 14 xlt
Yes, I have changed the batteries in both fob/keys
Old 09-11-2015, 05:21 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Here's a copy of the TSB they are talking about, the labor times posted are what Ford warranty would pay. 6hrs they quoted seems a little steep.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

From my understanding the 200 series kit and 2-way are the same thing, but clarification would be nice to make sure. I have been doing some reading and I am now interested to hear more about the remote access kit. With that kit you can upgrade your factory system to be controlled by your smart phone. As long as you have cell signal you can lock/unlock, start, and control the security system from any distance. You can add the optional shock sensor, and led kits to make it a true security system. From what I have read the system will send you a text or email that is date and time stamped if the alarm is triggered. Does anyone use this kit?
The 200 Series was discontinued. They replaced it with the Long Range Modular system.

The 200 Series was a stand alone RMST module with a vehicle specific software card and harness, it was unable to control the HVAC system or interface with the truck's computer.

The Long Range system is actually a modular system with the Ford Vehicle Security system at its core. You can configure it for Long Range, Two-Way or App access. It interfaces with the truck computer and HVAC and you can configure it from the on-screen menu.

Take a look at my post Here for the part numbers needed for each system configuration.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 PM
RDNK150

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Remote Start issues

I don't think the labor time is too far out of the realm I am a tech and the rule of thumb is a cash job pays double warranty time. However, with that said anyone who is a tech and works for a dealership knows well enough that if the warranty time pays more than 1.0 it's a huge pain in the butt.

It may seem steep but it is what it is. Good luck. To me it sounds like you have a problem with your key fob. To my understanding the bulletin applies to the distance issue not a spotty key fob. If you have already tried changing the battery within the fob itself I would look at maybe grabbing a new key you can grab them off eBay for cheap cut them anywhere and program them yourself.

Quick Reply: Remote Start issues