Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear bumper sensor removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Default rear bumper sensor removal

so im replacing my rear bumper this weekend on my 2013, and the removal of the old bumper seems pretty straightforward, but I cant seem to find a youtube video on how to remove the parking sensors. for anyone who has done this, is it difficult at all? I kind of wanted an idea of how difficult this was going to be before I crawl under there and start breaking stuff . a link to a video would be especially helpful and appreciated. thanks
Old 06-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTRaptor
so im replacing my rear bumper this weekend on my 2013, and the removal of the old bumper seems pretty straightforward, but I cant seem to find a youtube video on how to remove the parking sensors. for anyone who has done this, is it difficult at all? I kind of wanted an idea of how difficult this was going to be before I crawl under there and start breaking stuff . a link to a video would be especially helpful and appreciated. thanks
Pretty easy by the looks of it.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:45 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

it's super easy, i just did it this past weekend. once you have the bumper off you will see where there are 2 small plastic clips on each side of the sensor. pull them back and give the base a little wiggle and it will come right out. it's easier to do if you unclip the harness from them first.

fwiw when i went to install the sensors in my torxe bumper they would not fit due to the nubs on the sensors. i had to grind them off in order to make the sensors flush with the outside of the bumper. my bumper came with 2 set screws for each sensor to hold them in place so it didn't matter but it would have been nice to know that from the start.

Quick Reply: rear bumper sensor removal