Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio and bluetooth not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio and bluetooth not working

Hi, just purchased a 2013 XL and the radio and Bluetooth are not working. The display shows only the outside temp and the lower part of the panel (heat/AC) works fine. When I press the radio power, the clock flashes for a second and then shuts. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 06-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Same thing just happened to me. Did you get this fixed?
Old 07-05-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by BKiv
Same thing just happened to me. Did you get this fixed?
hi, no, did not work. Finally got to it this afternoon and followed the instructions to remove and unplug the radio and panel. Waited 30 min and reassembled. Same result. Turn truck on and get the Ford Tough message on display, then the outside temp shows. When i try the radio the time (inaccurate) flashes for a second and that's it. Nothing happens.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:57 AM

A power/electricity question. If the radio & Bluetooth (phone) and Microsoft sync ports do not work - are they all powered by different sources? read about swapping out the radio unit as a possible fix. wondering if the radio drives/controls power to the other capabilities? any comments welcome (note, went through all the fuses in the interior panel (corner of passenger side) and removed the radio and reinstalled, no change)
Old 07-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Update, went the next step and replaced the radio. (used factoryradios on ebay and they were great). result, now have a radio and bluetooth. shipped them my radio and they turned it around in one day and then i reinstalled it into the truck.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa G
Update, went the next step and replaced the radio. (used factoryradios on ebay and they were great). result, now have a radio and bluetooth. shipped them my radio and they turned it around in one day and then i reinstalled it into the truck.
Could you provide a link to what you did? I am in process of purchasing a truck and the radio isn't working and will either have to replace with aftermarket or do something with the original. I would probably prefer to keep the original for now due to cost. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2020, 08:59 AM

Hi, couldn't find a way to share a link but search for the exact name on eBay and he comes up. Attached is a screenshot of his site. He is in California.
factoryradios
Old 08-09-2020, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa G
Hi, couldn't find a way to share a link but search for the exact name on eBay and he comes up. Attached is a screenshot of his site. He is in California.
factoryradios
Thanks. So you pulled your radio and just sent it to them to repair? Then they just sent it back after completion?
Old 08-17-2020, 11:28 AM

Hi, yep. Removed mine and sent it to them. They turned it around in a day. Easy process.

Quick Reply: radio and bluetooth not working