Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of bedcovers on a platinum????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of bedcovers on a platinum????

I have a 2010 F150 Platinum and really want a bedcover. I am looking for either the color matched flat hardcover or a retractable system. I haven't got the chance to see either on the actual truck and I was hoping that I could see some pics before I make a purchase. Please post any pics of either of these bedcovers and let me know where you got yours' from!! Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2010 SCrew Lariat with CM Tonneau.

Name:  IM000453.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  114.1 KB

It's not the platinum, but I do have the Ford color matched Tonneau Cover. I think I would have been happier with one of the three fold models or the real low profile ones the y have now. I am still waiting for the better gas mileage. Not holding my breath though.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the style you are looking for, but have a look anyhow.

I hope this helps you to make your decision.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bakflip tonneau cover

if you end up choosing a bakflip they just came out with the f1 series a little heavier duty and supposed to be a perfect fit.i just ordered one today from amazing truck accessories out of texas and it was less than buying it direct make sure you take the $50 winter coupon 889.00 total free shipping.good luck!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNWSC
if you end up choosing a bakflip they just came out with the f1 series a little heavier duty and supposed to be a perfect fit.i just ordered one today from amazing truck accessories out of texas and it was less than buying it direct make sure you take the $50 winter coupon 889.00 total free shipping.good luck!
I don't even know if I got the F1 or the G2. Two things on the F1 list that I have are the "D" rings and the black powder coated support rods. I'm going to have to check out the rest of the stuff, and the invoice to see which one I got.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Ken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SailorDon - that is the same truck I have on order - the tuxedo black Platinum and that lid looks great on it! Did you do the install or have it done for you once you took delivery? How difficult was it and is there any drilling involved? I really like how that three opening system looks on the truck. What brand is it? Or did i just miss that...
Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Default Retrax

http://www.rolltopcover.com/competition.htm

Sorry, no photos of mine but the site has some. So far I'm impressed with the thing. Simple installation, easy to use and secure.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ken
Did you do the install or have it done for you once you took delivery? How difficult was it and is there any drilling involved? I really like how that three opening system looks on the truck. What brand is it? Or did i just miss that...
The dealer installed it. I was planning to do it myself, but it was a "freebie" from the dealer. No extra charge. Normally charges $40. No drilling unless you count the two drain holes for the clear plastic drain tubes in the plastic plug at the front of the bed of the pickup. The rails for the cover clamp onto the existing lip on the top of the bed with six split C-clamp type arrangement. Three each side. You can't see the clamps when it's installed unless get a flashlight and look up under the lip. All it takes is a socket wrench to tighten up the clamps. Don't overtighten or you can bend the walls of the box. Dealer says it is a good idea to check the tightness on the six clamps after a month or two.

The rest of the details can be found at:
https://www.f150forum.com/f7/bakflip...u-cover-41187/

I hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Bye F150, hello F250

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

I have a G2 Bakflip. Installed myself. It is very easy EXCEPT if you have a bed liner...

There are 2 1" drain tubes that take water from the seems and edges, into those 2 tubes then out to somewhere. If there is bed liner, you can easily access the 2 rubber plugs in the front of the bed and put those tubes through that. With a liner, you do not see where those plugs are so you have to punch through the liner, then the plug. I used a 1" hole saw and nailed them both with 1 shot. See picture.

That was the only challenge. Other than that, 5 minutes to install.

S

Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I have also been trying to decide what bed cover to get. I am really torn between a Bakflip or a hard cover like the Undercover.

I like the idea of just flipping the Bakflip open but I noticed something. From the pics and videos I have seen it appears there is not a latch on the second panel. With the Hinges being rubber would it be possible to cut the last hinge with a knife and just flop it open?

I know nothing is 100% but if this would work it would be a serious design flaw in my opinion. Can anyone that has one confirm what I am seeing. I hope it isn't so easy.

Quick Reply: Pics of bedcovers on a platinum????