Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Crap Remote start issues

Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default OEM Crap Remote start issues

My remote start has been iffy since i got the truck. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Today was the final straw. I get up and immediately grab my keys and go to my front window so i can see my truck 30ft away.

I hit the lock button and the truck flash's at me. So i know its getting the signal. Then i hit the start button 2x and the truck honks and flash's twice at me. Now i have not tried to start the truck since i parked it there the night before.

It does this to me all the time. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS??? It is very frustrating.

Hoping someone will have some advice.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Ksbowtech (11-05-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the same problem also and ford wont do anything to fix it either. First they said it was the remote and they replaced it. that didnt help then they just said it was to far away when I was tryimg to start it. So 5ft is to far.....news to me.
The following users liked this post:
Ksbowtech (11-05-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe im doing something wrong but ill tried everything that has been posted on the forum and from ford and it still doesnt work.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Burns331
My remote start has been iffy since i got the truck. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Today was the final straw. I get up and immediately grab my keys and go to my front window so i can see my truck 30ft away.

I hit the lock button and the truck flash's at me. So i know its getting the signal. Then i hit the start button 2x and the truck honks and flash's twice at me. Now i have not tried to start the truck since i parked it there the night before.

It does this to me all the time. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS??? It is very frustrating.

Hoping someone will have some advice.

Thanks.
What's the honk and flashes mean?
That should be an indicator that something isn't ready...
That being said, I've read about guys having issues with the hood switch not making good contact
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts

I had the same issue. It seems like I only have issues with it when it gets colder outside. It worked fine over the summer and started acting up again recently. I asked about the flashing and not starting last year and the response I got was to look in my manual. The manual doesn't say a damn thing.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my take is that for what ever reason the truck didnt get the correct/complete signals generated from the key fob. I say that because if you unlock, lock, remote start it again it will work. I think its just **** poor signal receive or transmit strength.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I've had this happen in the past......It was my fault. I'd stop the engine and then put in park the last time I drove it. Since the key is off when shifting into Park the comp doesn't show as being in Park when you attempt to start it.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinfulpride
I've had this happen in the past......It was my fault. I'd stop the engine and then put in park the last time I drove it. Since the key is off when shifting into Park the comp doesn't show as being in Park when you attempt to start it.
That's not an issue for me. But good to know.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Hood switch ?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 156 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinfulpride
. I usually think it's my hood pin, but the odd time I do this. I will have to test this theory out! Tnx!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Crap Remote start issues