Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me rollnlock

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Official Bass Slapper

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Default New to me rollnlock

So I picred up a rollnlock from a friend I jam with for dirt cheap. No instructions and a couple things missing, I was wondering if anyone could give me a pointer or 3.

Firstly, it doesn't retract like I've heard it does. I probably put the rails in wrong and I'll be looking at that when I have some down time closer to new years.

Second, the tailgate extrusion was cracked so I opted to no install that right away as I can still mostly close it for now. Nothing valiable in the box so not a big worry. And the strap is missing, I can fashion a new one no problem.

What can I do for align the rails so it rolls smoother, and if necessary replace the spring? And would I be cheaper to try and ma chine something for the tail gate latches or look for a replacement?

Also, just remembered, how hard would it be to re key it? The keys I have don't work all that well so I think it's been re cut a couple times. I have basic lock knowledge but haven't looked at the cams on it yet. The cover is off of a 2008 f150 and I'm glad it fit my 2013

I will attach pictures when I get home.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

Its possible that spraying lube in the keyhole will help with the lock situation
Old 12-21-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Go on their website, it is very informative. You can also email them they respond fast.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeriko,

I am the Director of Sales for Roll N Lock Corp. Dave, Bill & Chris are our tech support guys, and if you call them at 800-952-7655, they will be able to send you instructions and give you tips on how best to align your cover so that it works perfectly. Also, all parts are available from us, so no problem replacing that cracked tailgate extrusion, or getting a new lock. Before you call, make sure you have the serial number handy. It can be found underneath the lid on the driver side and is a 9 digit number printed on a piece of silver foil. I'll tell the guys to expect your call.

Good luck with your new-to-you cover!

ERIC KRAFT
The following 2 users liked this post by RollNLock:
Jeriko (12-22-2014), wluttrell (12-22-2014)
Old 12-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Official Bass Slapper

Originally Posted by RollNLock
Jeriko,

I am the Director of Sales for Roll N Lock Corp. Dave, Bill & Chris are our tech support guys, and if you call them at 800-952-7655, they will be able to send you instructions and give you tips on how best to align your cover so that it works perfectly. Also, all parts are available from us, so no problem replacing that cracked tailgate extrusion, or getting a new lock. Before you call, make sure you have the serial number handy. It can be found underneath the lid on the driver side and is a 9 digit number printed on a piece of silver foil. I'll tell the guys to expect your call.

Good luck with your new-to-you cover!

ERIC KRAFT
Thank you good sir. I will give them a call when I'm off work.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Official Bass Slapper

bit of an update. I sprayed lube in the lock to try and help, and the key snapped off inside. I guess I'm adding a lock cylinder to my list to call in about. At least it snapped off in the unlocked position so I can still open the cover lmao

Quick Reply: New to me rollnlock