Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
Default New...

Gps installed, new V1 installed, fresh oil and air filter, tire rotation and general check over. Ready for the trip from Minnesota to Colorado. I may have to see how the 5.0 performs on the Ike gauntlet.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

So based onto the lack of responses, it appears the Ike gauntlet test is either dead, or the fast lane truck tests were not legit as some said. Or both. Or my posts suck. Well anyway, I have friend out there and still plan on running the Ike to compare it to the FLT geeks, and I will report. I will also report mileage for the trip. However, I did take the truck in for service and to check the engine knock I posted about earlier. Of course, regarding the knock, nothing found "out of normal". They did cut the filter apart, per Ford, and since no shavings were found, the condition was deemed normal. I'm not sure if they reprogrammed the PCM, I need to ask, but the gas mileage seems down. I will post results and hopefully video on the Ike gauntlet with whatever trailer weight I can get and data that I can. I will get the heaviest trailer I can. Until then, peace out. I'm in vacation mode.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm thinking your initial post was a bit obtuse, 'cus reference to FLT's Ike runs likely went over most heads (incl mine). Your trip and "quest" are intriguing, although would be helpful if you included objectives ('cept just for fun) as well as basics of your truck in sig format. I'm not adjacent to the "gauntlet" but do have some moderate grades coming up to 5k' town elevation. At some point, I'll be curious to test my rig against others "pedal to the metal" so to speak. In the meantime, please continue to share your road trip experiences...
Old 08-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

I get it and awaiting results! I watch all the fast lane stuff
Old 08-18-2014, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know we only care about pics!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 AM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

To help those not yet initiated in the "gauntlet", I'll link the video that most intrigued me before I ordered my own truck. I waffled between too large and too heavy F250 w/ base 6.2L gasser vs F150 in Raptor spec which I could neither afford nor justify for my intended purposes. In the end, I ordered somewhat in between, i.e., lighter F150 FX4 S-Cab w/ 6.2L Raptor tune plus 3.73 e-locker MaxTow pkg vs heavier but similar overall length F250 S-Cab w/ base 6.2L tune. So if you've not yet seen a "gauntlet" video, here goes:
http://www.tfltruck.com/2014/01/2014...p-ike-gaunlet/

Quick Reply: New...