Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittent wipers and blinker. Blinker not working to the right

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default intermittent wipers and blinker. Blinker not working to the right

Well first let me give a small back story. I've had my truck almost 2 years and I have never liked the way the indicators on this truck work. Often seems hard to get the blinker to go off after changing lanes. Yesterday I'm driving on the highway and its raining. I have my wipers on and everything is fine. I'm changing lanes at one point and passing a car on the left. After I do my blinker doesn't want to go off. About a minute later it finally does. After this my blinker going into the right lane will not go on at all. Left will still go on but wont go off easily. Since I've had the truck I've found the blinker much more difficult to go on and off, where any other vehicle I've had u push up on the blinker once and it shuts off. As all this rain is going on I notice my wipers now aren't moving. What I notice is if I put my blinker on to go left the blinker comes on and the wipers start working. If I hit the button to spray windshield washer fluid the wipers will come on for a little and go off. It i pull for high beams they will come on shortly and shut off. Yesterday evening when it wasn't raining everything worked fine. What should I start looking at any ideas?
Old 02-17-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Question

Would surmise a faulty multi-function switch.
The following users liked this post:
mgaither0 (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thats what my search on here looked like but because I was having issues with a couple different things I figured I would get a few opinions.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,725 Posts

That certainly sounds right, both those functions are in that switch. At least, on mine, don't know what you have.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll agree that n the switch. It's an easy and inexpensive replacement if you see out of warranty. $25 for oem part in amazon.
The following users liked this post:
mgaither0 (03-13-2018)

Quick Reply: intermittent wipers and blinker. Blinker not working to the right