Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinity Bass link

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 AM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Infinity Bass link

Has anyone bought the infinity bass link 200 watt 10" powered sub? I am comparing this with a sound ordnance. Any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one in my Silverado along with an infinity 4X80w amp, infinity speakers and JVC Head unit. The Stereo (along with custom exhaust) was the only good thing about the truck. The bass link really had some nice thump to it and kept up nicely to the other speakers. Infinity makes some great audio equipment. Pretty much all i use in my boat also (15" comp sub, 2000W infinity monoblock, 4x110w Infinity Class d full range amp powering 4 6x9 infinity Kappa speakers).
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jimb712
I had one in my Silverado along with an infinity 4X80w amp, infinity speakers and JVC Head unit. The Stereo (along with custom exhaust) was the only good thing about the truck. The bass link really had some nice thump to it and kept up nicely to the other speakers. Infinity makes some great audio equipment. Pretty much all i use in my boat also (15" comp sub, 2000W infinity monoblock, 4x110w Infinity Class d full range amp powering 4 6x9 infinity Kappa speakers).
Thanks for the input. I already bought infinity kappas and an alpine amp. I'm thinking I will go with the bass link. Today, the the price is right.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 AM
FNG

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I spent a numbet of years building car stereo systems for a living. I installed many a basslink for customers (over my objections and reccomendations against it).

The Basslink is an ok product. It seems to lack in clarity (to an audiophile like me), they seem to have some quality issues (replaced many defective units), amd they don't seem to last terribly long before the speaker surround begins to come apart.

Though it wasn't around when I was installing, I have a kicker hideaway and have no complaints. Sound qquality is good, build quality seems to be very solid, and it is significantly smaller than the Infinity unit. Mine is installed under the passenger side of the back seat in my screw and does not extend beyond any side of the seat to impact cargo space. This seat never gets lifted anyway, since my daughter's car seat is installed there. There is also plenty of clearance between the top on the kicker unit and the bottom of the seat. Having clear airspace above the subwoofer also helps with sound quality.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I was recently looking at doing an all in one upgrade like this and when I took the measurements of the Basslink, it was far too tall and wide to fit inconspicuously under the rear seat of the SuperCrew truck. It has been a month or so, but when I measured, it would have stuck out and been too tall. Maybe it was just one or the other, but it wouldn't have fit neatly under the seat.

I ended up going with a box with a spot to mount a small amp to it, small MB Quart amp, and shallow Kicker 12 and am extremely pleased with that.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a basslink years ago in a Grand Prix. I wasn't that impressed with it using the high level outputs from a GM Bose system. But it may be better on a Ford without the early 2000 GM BOSE craziness. Not awful, but wasn't what I was looking for.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought one for my girlfriend a couple of years ago for her car, for what it was, not bad at all. If you're not looking to shake the crap out of the mirrors but want some decent low end bass, it's a good solution.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
I was recently looking at doing an all in one upgrade like this and when I took the measurements of the Basslink, it was far too tall and wide to fit inconspicuously under the rear seat of the SuperCrew truck. It has been a month or so, but when I measured, it would have stuck out and been too tall. Maybe it was just one or the other, but it wouldn't have fit neatly under the seat. I ended up going with a box with a spot to mount a small amp to it, small MB Quart amp, and shallow Kicker 12 and am extremely pleased with that.
Do you have any pics of your install? I have considered this option too.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

I have 4-Infinity 8602cfx door speakers and 12" MTX sub & MTX form fitted box, and Alpine V70 5 channel Amp, Alpine Base **** and Dynamatt the door panels and doors & head Liner,

It just pounds in there and great solid base the louder I go the better it sounds nice and clear.....and running stock deck and tweeters

Last edited by Grandpa's Grocery Getter; 12-12-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by devldog131
I spent a numbet of years building car stereo systems for a living. I installed many a basslink for customers (over my objections and reccomendations against it). The Basslink is an ok product. It seems to lack in clarity (to an audiophile like me), they seem to have some quality issues (replaced many defective units), amd they don't seem to last terribly long before the speaker surround begins to come apart. Though it wasn't around when I was installing, I have a kicker hideaway and have no complaints. Sound qquality is good, build quality seems to be very solid, and it is significantly smaller than the Infinity unit. Mine is installed under the passenger side of the back seat in my screw and does not extend beyond any side of the seat to impact cargo space. This seat never gets lifted anyway, since my daughter's car seat is installed there. There is also plenty of clearance between the top on the kicker unit and the bottom of the seat. Having clear airspace above the subwoofer also helps with sound quality.
I think I've pretty much ruled out the bass link because it won't fit under my passenger seat. I'd love to have a kicker hideaway which should fit. I'm just struggling with the $300 price tag.
The following users liked this post:
brettd4x4 (05-30-2015)

Quick Reply: Infinity Bass link