Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have tow mirrors, here is a caution

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Default If you have tow mirrors, here is a caution

We were all hooked up last week to go camping with our TT and the last thing I did before leaving is pull out the tow mirrors. On the passenger side, I did pull the mirror out quickly and a little harder than normal ---- and the mirror pulled all the way off!! The only thing holding the mirror to the truck was the very end of the inside slides and the wire. Be gentle when you pull out the tow mirrors, folks --- the stops are little metal tabs and they don't hook the outside mirror section very much at all --- but if you pull them off, you will NOT be able to slide them back on --- trust me...........
We stopped by the dealer on the way out of town, and although it took them an hour and a 1/2 (these mirrors were NOT designed to come apart folks!) they were able to reattach the mirror.
They ordered me a new one and I just got back from the dealer with the new one all installed........got to say that my dealer (Wendle Ford in Spokane) is the best. Every time we take in the truck, they wash it for free. The new mirror looks great and I think that I've got one of the prettiest 1/2 tons in town. I do love this color when it is clean:

Last edited by Adobe2X; 07-28-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I tow my TT I usually don't extend the mirrors they are wide enough for me without the extent ion, I do love the mirrors tho
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr1300
When I tow my TT I usually don't extend the mirrors they are wide enough for me without the extention, I do love the mirrors tho
Wow, a turbo on a Hayabusa??? That is bringing coals to Newcastle!!

Have you tried towing with the mirrors extended? I love being able to see that far behind me, especially when passing (which I admit does not happen often when towing 4 and a 1/2 tons).......When they are extended, I can see the shadow of the trailer well enough to tell when to go back in the slow lane....

Last edited by Adobe2X; 07-29-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 64 Posts

hell i pull mine out when i see a bike in the bike lane just to see how much it tacks to fold them in.

FYI some where around 120 Pound rider is all it takes!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blueovelboy
hell i pull mine out when i see a bike in the bike lane just to see how much it tacks to fold them in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. OMFG. "Take that hippies!" BAM!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As a cyclist, I can't ignore this.
I know you are joking, but, F@ck you.

Last edited by zero419; 07-29-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:29 AM
opinions are like *****...

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I ignore them in the bike lane. But when they ride in the street beside the bike lane to make a point....... Thump thump
Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 AM

Wow guess that's why we get the labeled as rednecks!!!! BTW I ride a bike, I'm 52 and the farthest away from a hippie as you can get. I do it to stay in shape and enjoy the speed of going down hill after a hard climb. Really don't want to have to worry about some idiot in a truck trying to see how close they can get to me while they come by...
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Laz

Originally Posted by blueovelboy

It makes me sad to read people joking about things like this. As a bike rider who has been deliberately startled by passing cars and trucks, deliberately pulled by passengers with the window down and had things thrown at me, this kind of post makes me feel sorry for the poor little narrow mind that wrote it.

Cyclists are the most exposed people on the roads anyway without having to put up with deliberate attacks. You may oly be joking but thats what keeps the attitude alive.

I was knocked off my bike last weekend and I tell ya what, the guy who did it had the fight of his life when i didnt get up. I wouldnt joke if i was you - your truck is more deadly than your gun, and you wouldnt joke with that.

Oh yea his insurance premium will rocket too, the bike was written off and will cost $15000 to replace - yes thats right $15k of hand made Italian carbon fiber, some hippy i must be

Last edited by Laz; 07-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Laz

Originally Posted by MR.FX4
I ignore them in the bike lane. But when they ride in the street beside the bike lane to make a point....... Thump thump
What point do you think we are trying to make?

Actually we ride outside the bike lane to avoid all the broken glass that gets swept there from all the accidents drivers have. The point we are making is that bike tires cost $100 each and they get shredded riding through broken glass which also takes us 10 mins to fix. If a bike slowed you down for 10 mins you would run him over or at the very least give him loads of abuse, yet we have to put up with it .......and it cost us dearly.

I would love to go everywhere in a bike lane but how can I if the drivers have made it unsuitable by using it as a dumping ground for their accident debris. Think about that next time you sweep your headlight there

Last edited by Laz; 07-29-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: If you have tow mirrors, here is a caution