Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Lowering Kit Question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Weekend Warrior!

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Question Front Lowering Kit Question...

OK, first let me say that I've done the search "thing". A lot of my questions were answered finding them on other threads, except one.

I already have Ground Force's 2" drop shackle kit for the rear. I also want to lower the front of my truck 1", maybe 1.5". What I want to know is if any company out there makes a complete strut "assembly" to do just that.

I know Belltech has the adjustable strut kit, but utilizes the stock spring; or buy Belltech's shorter lowering spring. Bilstein struts are similar.

What I'm looking for is an all-in-one--a new strut & spring already together for a quicker, simpler () replacement.

I'm definitely not interested in taking everything out, then having to go to a shop to compress the springs to remove from original strut, and recompress to put on new strut, then blah blah blah.

Seems like someone out there would have a whole assembly out there for just such a project....

Last edited by Greg Owen; 06-12-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Weekend Warrior!

Anyone??
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM

Received 539 Likes on 449 Posts

I dont believe anyone makes a reasonably priced one if any at all. What i was planning on doing is finding a set of OEM springs and have them put on the belltech struts so i didnt have to mess with my OEM unit in case of wanting to return to stock.
The following users liked this post:
Greg Owen (06-12-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by zimmer0
I dont believe anyone makes a reasonably priced one if any at all. What i was planning on doing is finding a set of OEM springs and have them put on the belltech struts so i didnt have to mess with my OEM unit in case of wanting to return to stock.
As far as I know, no one makes an assembly. If they did, I doubt they would make it that little of a drop. Buy used springs on craigslist and get the Belltech adjustable struts, you will also need the upper spring mount and spring isolator to make an assembly.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior!

Originally Posted by zimmer0
Sounds like a plan, thanks for the idea!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose Belltech.... This was the results after 10K km

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Originally Posted by Greg Owen
OK, first let me say that I've done the search "thing". A lot of my questions were answered finding them on other threads, except one.

I already have Ground Force's 2" drop shackle kit for the rear. I also want to lower the front of my truck 1", maybe 1.5". What I want to know is if any company out there makes a complete strut "assembly" to do just that.

I know Belltech has the adjustable strut kit, but utilizes the stock spring; or buy Belltech's shorter lowering spring. Bilstein struts are similar.

What I'm looking for is an all-in-one--a new strut & spring already together for a quicker, simpler () replacement.

I'm definitely not interested in taking everything out, then having to go to a shop to compress the springs to remove from original strut, and recompress to put on new strut, then blah blah blah.

Seems like someone out there would have a whole assembly out there for just such a project....
Old 06-19-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by royalblack
I chose Belltech.... This was the results after 10K km

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Second time you pave posted about this, and this is the second time the picture doesn't work...

Your facebook page is probably set to private
The following users liked this post:
Greg Owen (06-19-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior!

^^Agreed^^

Quick Reply: Front Lowering Kit Question...