Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time in service

Old 06-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default First time in service

My trucks in serivce department, maintanance 6 month interval. So I dropped it off told them please perform all services and oil change etc. Please perform Transmission TSB brake TSB and traction control TSB Sync TSB.. They said are you going to pay for those. I was dumb founded, Why would I pay for those, I paid for a warranty and it is all warranty.. Stated yes well someone has to complain before we perform TSB repairs. Hello? Thats why I am here to get it all done at once. Oh well then leave it and we will look at it but you have to tell us what its dong. (about now I miss going to mercedes dealer). So in the service department 3 people pissed having to stand around trying to get dealer to reapir items, one is a leaking roof, glad its not mine.. Me not real happy that service department is resisting doing TSB that Ford puts out as needing done. No paper work just finally leave and say please take care of it. So I am calling the service manager, then Gm , The Ford and so on. Just yesterday I really liked the truck, today its really starting to **** me off.....
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers are such *** hats. They act like they are paying for the warranty work.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are not alone. Last time I was there, there was a couple from over an hour's drive away on a severe recall item on their 11 year old Windstar. Ford's letter said that if the vehicle required more than a day that they would have a vehicle. Their vehicle had to be kept and was unsafe to drive according to the dealership. Nope not one loaner or rental to be had according to the Service guy. This was an elderly couple and no family or friends locally. Service said they would find someone to drive them home and that in three days time they could find their way back to get their vehicle. This is the same dealer and day in March and I had inquired about poor paint coverage showing teh Service Manager the exact locations where i can still see primer. They said they would get back to me with a date to take it to the paint shop. Still haven't heard from them yet.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010FX4F150GILROY
My trucks in serivce department, maintanance 6 month interval. So I dropped it off told them please perform all services and oil change etc. Please perform Transmission TSB brake TSB and traction control TSB Sync TSB.. They said are you going to pay for those. I was dumb founded, Why would I pay for those, I paid for a warranty and it is all warranty.. Stated yes well someone has to complain before we perform TSB repairs. Hello? Thats why I am here to get it all done at once. Oh well then leave it and we will look at it but you have to tell us what its dong. (about now I miss going to mercedes dealer). So in the service department 3 people pissed having to stand around trying to get dealer to reapir items, one is a leaking roof, glad its not mine.. Me not real happy that service department is resisting doing TSB that Ford puts out as needing done. No paper work just finally leave and say please take care of it. So I am calling the service manager, then Gm , The Ford and so on. Just yesterday I really liked the truck, today its really starting to **** me off.....
And then they act like they're doing you a favor.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
z06

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It is amazing how one trip to the service department can ruin the whole ownership experiance. I avoid dealer service departments as much as I can.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 118 Likes on 64 Posts

Well, I had never heard of a TSB until I joined this forum two years ago.

So in my simple military mind, I equated a TSB to a MWO, something that was wrong but could wait to be fixed until the next scheduled service. Compared to a Recall, which I equated to an Urgent MWO, something that was safety related and needed to be fixed now.

So I learned that was wrong when I went in for my first service, and like OP asked them to apply such and such TSB.

So now instead of saying "apply the Sync TSB 10-25-12" I would say " I am concerned with the call sound quality while using the SYNC microphone, complaints of excessive background noise during a phone call and/or issues with voice recognition accuracy while driving."

But you're right, it seems to me that good preventive maintenance would mean that they should automatically see if there are any TSBs that apply to your truck that should be applied.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am going in soon to have my trailer brake programmed in and im having trouble with the TCS when going over bumps and turning, i have larger then stock tires and a 2 1/2'' level, anyone had experience with the dealer not applying the TSB due to altering anything?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, sorry to read this. I ran into this kind of thing with a Jeep I had years ago, but I always thought it was just Jeep Service, which, have horrendous reputations even amongst dealers... though not as bad as VW! ha!

Hang in there. How cool would it be to have a service department and advisor that would be proactive and caring. Who would say " no problem" and get to work to make your truck/car right. There is no pleasing some people and certain types will try to wring every little thing out of any given system, but there are a lot of us regular folks who just want to be treated with respect, have our service department join us in our investment in their vehicle and their dealership.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So I called the service Mgr.. Well what I got was That TSB are chargeable repairs and if I dont have a warranty then too bad you gotta pay. Lets see he might have said this a whole lot better, something like "well sir lets take a look at it and see what we can do?"
Notice we not me, I could have said well by golly I have the ESP plan it I think its covered. He then could have said well lets take a look and get that done for you."... Just I dont understand why a "service" person wants to immeadiately put me on the defensive. I dont get it... So talked to the GM expained everything its in there lets get done the things it needs.. He said well I am taking notes and going straight to teh owner and discuss this... Well no call back, I guess I wait until trucks done, just pray it does not turn out like Monarch pools truck did....
Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 132 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010FX4F150GILROY
So I called the service Mgr.. Well what I got was That TSB are chargeable repairs and if I dont have a warranty then too bad you gotta pay. Lets see he might have said this a whole lot better, something like "well sir lets take a look at it and see what we can do?"
Notice we not me, I could have said well by golly I have the ESP plan it I think its covered. He then could have said well lets take a look and get that done for you."... Just I dont understand why a "service" person wants to immeadiately put me on the defensive. I dont get it... So talked to the GM expained everything its in there lets get done the things it needs.. He said well I am taking notes and going straight to teh owner and discuss this... Well no call back, I guess I wait until trucks done, just pray it does not turn out like Monarch pools truck did....
As a former ford tech you can't just walk in and say do these tsb it has to have the concern. All you would have to do is say it is doing this (going along with the tsb concern) then they will fix it. A tsb is not a recall as not all tsb will affect all vehicles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time in service