Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firestone Ride-Rite and Autospring add-a-leaf

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firestone Ride-Rite and Autospring add-a-leaf

Hello all.......I already have an Autospring add-a-leaf and I'm considering adding the Firestone Ride-Rite airbags. Will the airbags bolt right in even with the add a leaf installed? I just don't remember what the clearance was between the leaf pack and the frame were before/after the add a leaf.

Also, anyone know if the u bolts provided with the airbags are long enough due to the addition of the add a leaf?

I recently purchased an enclosed snowmobile trailer and empty it squats the rear end a little bit. I haven't measured yet to see how much. I'm also researching into a WD hitch.

FYI - I'm not looking to start a "which is better" topic between WD hitch,air bags,add a leaf, etc.. I am currently searching and doing that research.

Thanks in advance for any replies, they will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:31 PM
See? It works in monkeys!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

The bags should bolt in with the AAL - I have an HD payload with the extra leaf stock and the hardware mounts up fine. I believe it's the 2525 kit.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Engimaneer

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Yup 2525 kit, was for mine at least. It will bolt up no problem with the added height of the AAL, accommodates for something like 2" over stock before you need to put a bag spacer in. As for the u-bolts I'm fairly certain they'll have enough length to fit with the added thickness of the extra leaf. They don't add much. And really if it doesn't Id just pull the AAL and rely on the bags for everything. They'll do everything an AAL does and more.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated!! Yes, once I install the air bags I will probably remove the AAL as they are probably redundant.......I just don't have time to get that done before heading out west.

Quick Reply: Firestone Ride-Rite and Autospring add-a-leaf