Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Tire size???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What Tire size???

Ok so i just got a set of pro comp after market rims 18x9 with 0 offset. I have a 2.5" ready lift in my 2012 4x4 XTR i planned on getting 35x12.5x18 pro comp xtreme a/t tire but im thinking now should i go a little smaller on the tires. I know ill have trimming to do just seeing what you guys think would be best option.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You may want to consider returning those wheels. 0 offset moves the tire/wheel center-line out about an inch and a half from the stock offset of +40 or +44mm (don't remember). Add to that tires that are over an inch wider than stock will make the tire stick out an additional half inch or so. You're looking at your outer tire edge moving out at least two inches, which will make more interference problems as the tire will move forward and back more while turning. Something in the +20mm offset range would work best. If you want a narrow 35", I know Toyo makes a 285/75r18 which is about 11.5" wide.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cartmanea
You may want to consider returning those wheels. 0 offset moves the tire/wheel center-line out about an inch and a half from the stock offset of +40 or +44mm (don't remember). Add to that tires that are over an inch wider than stock will make the tire stick out an additional half inch or so. You're looking at your outer tire edge moving out at least two inches, which will make more interference problems as the tire will move forward and back more while turning. Something in the +20mm offset range would work best. If you want a narrow 35", I know Toyo makes a 285/75r18 which is about 11.5" wide.
Thanks for the input, Lots of others have said the same but i just called the shop and ensure me they will fit and will stick out about 1 1/2" -2" like you said which i can deal with. Guess ill just stick with the shops info until they mount. Plus if it don't fit there will be a refund they said.

Quick Reply: What Tire size???