Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally my F150 FX4 arrived (pics, questions)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Finally my F150 FX4 arrived (pics, questions)

Hello, everyone

I just bought a 2013 Ford F-150 FX4 and I would like to join this superb forum.

Just got it 4 days ago and honestly this truck is amazing I wouldn't call it a truck because it feels more like a luxury suv with all the styling and technology. Not to mention the 6.2L under the hood.

I wait two months to get it because I'm from Saudi Arabia. Its fully loaded with navigation and 6.2L engine plus the FX appearance package.

I have a few questions:

1- The window sticker says its equipped with remote start and there is no remote button on my key.

2- How do I know if its equipped with Tyre Pressure Monitoring System though its on the window sticker.

3- Mine comes with HID's but on the road the light feels too narrow it has a good range but not wide.

4- This is my first truck and I don't know do they feel on the road but this one feels just a little bumpy is it okay?

5- What is the best cover for the bed? I'm thinking of Retrax one or pro and Budrug.

6- When I'm parked the fans starts to run and they are loud they don't stop until I drive!

So far I'm very satisfied with it, the Sony sound system is great and the Sync is amazing.

Here are some pics:

Old 09-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Last edited by Mfrri7; 09-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

I can help with a few but don't have a 2013 so I am sure you will have guys helping you out. First Welcome! Second I am not sure if you are a Vampire and we will only see pictures of your truck at night!! Even so,,,, it looks badass at night too! Right?

1- The window sticker says its equipped with remote start and there is no remote button on my key.

You sure they didn't include the remote in your packet,, maybe check your glove box. Mine is different and on the key fob but I think the newer ones have the better range remote and it is separate from the key?

2- How do I know if its equipped with Tyre Pressure Monitoring System though its on the window sticker.

all cars and trucks starting in 2007 have the TPMS so you have got it,, Ford however doesn't have it in the information center,,,, which would be nice!

3- Mine comes with HID's but on the road the light feels too narrow it has a good range but not wide.

Lots of guys love the HID's and others don't but width isn't there strong point, distance and light produced is. I am sure you will get use to it.

4- This is my first truck and I don't know do they feel on the road but this one feels just a little bumpy is it okay?

Its fine,,, It is funny too, because they don't drive like trucks anymore.. I remember the first truck I drove,, I got out and checked to see if the suspension broke. I was feeling this bang every once in a while and I found out it was the seams in the pavement!!! I couldn't believe it!! Now,,, I can't tell I'm even in a truck!

5- What is the best cover for the bed? I'm thinking of Retrax one or pro and Budrug.

Tons of companies and I am sure you will get several suggestions!

6- When I'm parked the fans starts to run and they are loud they don't stop until I drive!

They are on thermostats and even though they seem like they won't stop they will.... you won't always get out of the truck with them running,,, it is just when they need to according to the thermostat. Of course if you let them run for over 5 minutes and they still keep going then you may have a defective thermostat and will need to have it looked at!
Hope this helps and will always think you may be a Vampire until you post a day time shot of your truck!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job congrats
Old 09-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new truck. mamonti has you covered on your questions, so I'll chime in on the remote start. I'm surprised the sales guy didn't show you how it works. You need to press the lock button twice, then hit the remote start button. It's all one unit, the switch key has it all right there.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

If your remote is the same as mine, on the key hit the lock button, then the times 2 button twice. Theres a lot of choices for the bed cover. I have a BAK g2 Rollback and a Dee Zee Bedmat.

Last edited by H-60 Electrician; 09-11-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Looks really nice!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mamonti
I can help with a few but don't have a 2013 so I am sure you will have guys helping you out. First Welcome! Second I am not sure if you are a Vampire and we will only see pictures of your truck at night!! Even so,,,, it looks badass at night too! Right?

You sure they didn't include the remote in your packet,, maybe check your glove box. Mine is different and on the key fob but I think the newer ones have the better range remote and it is separate from the key?

I looked everywhere there is nothing!

all cars and trucks starting in 2007 have the TPMS so you have got it,, Ford however doesn't have it in the information center,,,, which would be nice!

Yeah it would much nicer.

Lots of guys love the HID's and others don't but width isn't there strong point, distance and light produced is. I am sure you will get use to it.

Because I drive a Lexus LX and the Xenon on this car is fantastic. Also the ford is great

Its fine,,, It is funny too, because they don't drive like trucks anymore.. I remember the first truck I drove,, I got out and checked to see if the suspension broke. I was feeling this bang every once in a while and I found out it was the seams in the pavement!!! I couldn't believe it!! Now,,, I can't tell I'm even in a truck!

Tons of companies and I am sure you will get several suggestions!

They are on thermostats and even though they seem like they won't stop they will.... you won't always get out of the truck with them running,,, it is just when they need to according to the thermostat. Of course if you let them run for over 5 minutes and they still keep going then you may have a defective thermostat and will need to have it looked at!
Hope this helps and will always think you may be a Vampire until you post a day time shot of your truck!

Hahahahahahahaha I was just watching Dark Shadows for Johnny depp confirming that I'm a vampire, LOL. I will take a few pictures tomorrow morning and post it.
LOL, I laughed so hard on the 4th answer. Thank you so much for taking time answering my questions I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Shockwave88
Nice job congrats
Thanks

Originally Posted by Wanted33
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new truck. mamonti has you covered on your questions, so I'll chime in on the remote start. I'm surprised the sales guy didn't show you how it works. You need to press the lock button twice, then hit the remote start button. It's all one unit, the switch key has it all right there.
Thanks, yeah he did. I know how it works but there is no extra key or even the start button on the key fob?

Originally Posted by H-60 Electrician
If your remote is the same as mine, on the key hit the lock button, then the times 2 button twice. Theres a lot of choices for the bed cover. I have a BAK g2 Rollback and a Dee Zee Bedmat.
I have 3 buttons only on they key! I looked everywhere in the car tried to lock and hold on the button it didn't work. I'm lost between the g2 and the Retrax but I prefer the Retreax because it has no strap but I'm not sure about its quality, thanks.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 PM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfrri7
I have 3 buttons only on they key! I looked everywhere in the car tried to lock and hold on the button it didn't work. I'm lost between the g2 and the Retrax but I prefer the Retreax because it has no strap but I'm not sure about its quality, thanks.
Then you have the wrong remotes and they need to correct the problem unless there is a delete option that is in the white box under the standard features. If not then have them correct it. I put the remote start in my XLT in about 20 minutes (no kidding) then had the keys cut, I programmed them according to the manual ( 5 minutes) and then paid the shop $40 to turn it on. So if it is standard then they just need to correct the minor problem on your truck.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Which one does yours look like?

http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles...ote-start.html

Quick Reply: Finally my F150 FX4 arrived (pics, questions)