Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Sirius Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory Sirius Install

Had a couple of questions but first things first. 2010 f150 xlt 4x4 with center stack single disc cd player with aux as well as a sirius button. Would like to add the tuner and an aftermarket magnetic antenna and get the sirius hooked up. Currently get the 'No sat Radio' message when i hit the button as most seem to have.

The questions i have are,
1. Since the stereo has the sirius button already do i have the harness back there already that plugs into the tuner and its just not hooked up to anything? (if not maybe some has a part # for the harness? i read its cheap but cant find the number for it)
2. Are most of the ford satelite tuners interchangeable? (Example: would a 07 or an 08 work? They all appear to look identical.

Thank you in advance!
-Brad
Old 06-22-2013, 09:26 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by clean1
Had a couple of questions but first things first. 2010 f150 xlt 4x4 with center stack single disc cd player with aux as well as a sirius button. Would like to add the tuner and an aftermarket magnetic antenna and get the sirius hooked up. Currently get the 'No sat Radio' message when i hit the button as most seem to have.

The questions i have are,
1. Since the stereo has the sirius button already do i have the harness back there already that plugs into the tuner and its just not hooked up to anything? (if not maybe some has a part # for the harness? i read its cheap but cant find the number for it)
2. Are most of the ford satelite tuners interchangeable? (Example: would a 07 or an 08 work? They all appear to look identical.

Thank you in advance!
-Brad
If you don't have the round 2" inch antenna on the pass side roof, you have no Sirius tuner! I would imagine you'll have to buy the Tuner, Antenna, and Wiring Harness, should just be a empty spot on the radio module to plug into!

A buddy installed aftermarket radio, and added XM as well in his Honda prelude a few years back! In order to not see the antenna wire we drilled a small hole through the roof, dropped the headliner and cut the antenna wire then used a crimp splice connection to reconnect, very easy install and no wire running on the roof! Just be sure to use some silicone caulk if you go that route!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

you might want to give it a listen first. the sq is horrible.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
One Clean Machine

Originally Posted by just plain bill
you might want to give it a listen first. the sq is horrible.
X2... Atleast the Ford oem Sirius is, sounded like a cd in my hummer!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM

Is the isimple kit they make any better? Ive noticed my sound system stock is horrible to begin with.....hahah. OEMvsIsimple any better?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM

I wanted to have the clean factory install without sacrificing some presets for the isimple kit is all..
Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 PM
One Clean Machine

Id just get the oem tuner, antenna, harness, SQ isnt that bad if you upgrade your stock speakers!

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Id just get the oem tuner, antenna, harness, SQ isnt that bad if you upgrade your stock speakers!
Thats the plan, i was looking at one out of an 08 escape and it looks identical to the f150. Heck alot of the ford tuners look like the same connector and antenna hookup.( As long as there isnt any software differences in the tuner) Just need to figure that out and find the part number on the harness. Overall i think it will be cheaper myself for the factory tuner compared to isimple with the parts and prices online right now.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Thanks for the response! I plan too. They are quite dissapointing, but that can be fixed later on
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
One Clean Machine

Originally Posted by clean1
Thanks for the response! I plan too. They are quite dissapointing, but that can be fixed later on
Exactly.... I would think something like a Sirius tuner would be Plug N Play,,,

Quick Reply: Factory Sirius Install