Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chime will not stop! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Ive got a 2009 f150 platinum that i bought yesterday. It was working fine then i went in to set my sync system up. After doing that i went to get out. I opened the door and a very fast chime started going off. So i thought it was my headlights. They were off. Then i checked all the doors they were closed i tried jacking with the alarm and remote start and all that stuff. When i open the door it chimes when i close it it dosnt. Then i went outside and shut the door and the headlights are staying on even though there off and everything is closed??? Why is this?
Thanks for your help.
It is also a 4x4 and i did shift the transfer case once while i was in park and back off while i was messing with my radio. I have also gone driving to see if it stopped it.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

" i tried jacking with the alarm and remote start and all that stuff."

Huh??

The truck has a feature that keeps the lights on for a few seconds after you close the door. It can be disabled. Or do they stay on forever?

Any open door will trigger the chime. It can't be turned off.
Or are you talking about the notification chime and not the regular chime?

There's a wire under the steering wheel somewhere that'll disable the chime altogether. A grey wire I think. You'll have to search for that info. But figure out what the problem is before you do that.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

It was the really fast chime like when you leave your lights on. The headlights go off after like 10 minutes. But they are set to be off. So thats what i dont understand. Why do they stay on in the first place even though there off.

Last edited by warriorsfan177; 02-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Chime will not stop! Help!!