Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.

A/C issues

Old 07-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C issues

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, it's HOT here in Texas.
I have a 2012 Platinum with the ecoboost. When the truck is running sitting still the A/C system works great blowing cold air. After about three minutes of drive time the A/C begins to blow warm air. Sometimes while still driving it will again blowing cold air again then back to warm air. If the red light is long enough or I pull over, again it will blow cold.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:20 PM

Received 261 Likes on 222 Posts

It's too hot to be guessing, take that thing to an A/C pro, probably cheaper in the long run anyway.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not any help, but am curious as to what you find the issue to be. Mine has similar issues ('04 XLT w/58K) but is JUST cold enough to be tolerable. Not only does mine blow colder at idle than under load, it also blows colder on lower blower settings. I threw a thermometer in my vent and on MAX A/C blower 4 I get temps around 70. On MAX and blower on 1 or 2 I can get it down to around 50. The sweet spot for me is MAX on blower speed 3. Not as cold as 1 or 2, but more air flowing makes up the difference.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Pete

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe the recirculate cabin air door is broken and hung open letting hot air flow in when moving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C issues

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: