Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a FX4!! Help FX4 guys!?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Bought a FX4!! Help FX4 guys!?

So I bought a 2012 white FX4, 5L! I will be flying down south to pick it up in a little over a week! Then driving 15hours back home Put my 07XLT up for sale, hopefully someone buys it soon!

The old 20" rims and towing mirrors will be going on the new FX4! Now my question is, any one have a white FX4 with black towing mirrors and anyone with white towing mirrors? I'm thinking of whiting out the towing mirrors but not sure how that would look with the black rims. Also I have 20" rockstars but I have seen a few trucks on here with Fuel Mavericks. Any white FX4's with fuel mavericks either 20" or 18"?? I know I have seen a few on here and I could probably search & search & search and finally find them but Its easier for me to just ask and get both my answers with pictures in this one thread I'm considering selling the Rockstars and buying Fuel Mavericks. If anyone has a combo with both mavericks and white(or black) towing mirrors with a levelling kit then even better

Thanks guys... Pics of Old and pics of new!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:24 PM

Received 128 Likes on 110 Posts

I have the 20x9 with +1mm offset Mavericks on 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers:

Great looking wheels on the white FX4s! I only covered that part of your request, but hopefully the pics will give you an idea what they'll look like. The Mavs look much better than the old Rockstars IMO. Congrats on your new truck!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Fat Guy in Little Boat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to see if the skull caps are interchangeable on the towing mirrors and standard mirrors. Then you could just swap the painted caps from the FX4 and put them on the towing mirrors. Not sure if they are interchangeable though.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

Congrats, you should be able to sell your old no problem for your asking price. Welcome to the FX4 with 5.0l club. I'm assuming you got one with leather and if they come with 20" Gunmetal grey wheels I would buy them off you!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by UARandy3
I have the 20x9 with +1mm offset Mavericks on 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers: Great looking wheels on the white FX4s! I only covered that part of your request, but hopefully the pics will give you an idea what they'll look like. The Mavs look much better than the old Rockstars IMO. Congrats on your new truck!
You are the man! That's exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks a lot dude I'm totally going to have to change up the rims that looks unreal! 295/55/20 are 35s correct?? I would probably just go with the same size tire I currently have 305/55/20s which work out to 34s but definitely the trailer grapplers with those, that looks super good. I may be requesting pics from you from
Time to time lol, not trying to copy you, just would like a similar style as yours is almost the exact look im going for. Can't afford a lift but level and block kit for sure!

Take it as a compliment ....also do they stick out past te fenders? I would like for mine to like on my 07 but not sure what offset they even were, if I had to guess it would be -12?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Try to see if the skull caps are interchangeable on the towing mirrors and standard mirrors. Then you could just swap the painted caps from the FX4 and put them on the towing mirrors. Not sure if they are interchangeable though.
Duplicate post, my stupid iPhone

Last edited by Black_Thunder; 11-29-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
No I don't Believe they are. Regardless I would want all white or all black
Old 11-29-2014, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
You are the man! That's exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks a lot dude I'm totally going to have to change up the rims that looks unreal! 295/55/20 are 35s correct?? I would probably just go with the same size tire I currently have 305/55/20s which work out to 34s but definitely the trailer grapplers with those, that looks super good. I may be requesting pics from you from
Time to time lol, not trying to copy you, just would like a similar style as yours is almost the exact look im going for. Can't afford a lift but level and block kit for sure!

Take it as a compliment ....also do they stick out past te fenders? I would like for mine to like on my 07 but not sure what offset they even were, if I had to guess it would be -12?
Haha thanks man. You won't be the first one "inspired" by my FX4, wheel, and tire combo so it's all good. I actually am running 295/65/20 which are 35.47x12.33. I wanted a little taller and slightly skinnier than the usual 35x12.50s. If you're going to level, I'd prob go with the 295/60/20s which would be 34.45x12.13. With the +1mm offset, they do stick out a bit. I'll try to find my pictures of how much they stick out that I posted for someone else a while back. Your old setup does look like -12mm offset bc they stick out just a little more than mine do.
Here's one, but I know I have more:
Old 11-29-2014, 10:52 PM

Ok, here they are:
Passenger front:

Driver front:

Shot from behind front driver tire:

Hope that helps!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by festivaboy92
Congrats, you should be able to sell your old no problem for your asking price. Welcome to the FX4 with 5.0l club. I'm assuming you got one with leather and if they come with 20" Gunmetal grey wheels I would buy them off you!!!
no leather which I'm ok with because leather is cold in winter and hot in summer anyway lol. Sunroof yes, gunmetal 20" rims yes. As far as selling them im not sure yet, I might keep them and use them as winter wheels then throw winter tires on those rims once the treads gone. Then use the Mavericks or rockstars as summer wheels. I won't be puttin the rockstars on until spring anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought a FX4!! Help FX4 guys!?