Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blend door actuator replaced but still having issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend door actuator replaced but still having issues

Hey all.

im running into an issue with my 09 FX4. When I bought the truck you would hear the clicks from the actuator on start up and the driver side would only blow hot while passenger side would blow cold. I had a mechanic replace the actuator that was making the clicking. Now when I start the truck there is no clicking but the issue with blowing hot still is there.

I tried resetting by pulling the fuse I saw in one of the other threads here. Is there a step that I’m missing or is there something the mechanic forgot to do?
Old 04-30-2024, 02:53 PM

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

If you have dual zone, which it sounds like you do, you have a total of 4 blend door motors.

one for mode, defrost, dash, floor, etc
one for fresh air, or recirulate
and two, one for each side, driver and passenger.

its possible you had more than one bad, or the new one still isn't working, maybe in a bind, so not clicking, etc

i would test/confirm operation of each, if you still end up with same results, no cold air on driver's side, and that's what you took it to the mech for, take it back.

Last edited by jhanna; 04-30-2024 at 03:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhanna:
digitaltrucker (04-30-2024), martinjosh0321 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by jhanna
If you have dual zone, which it sounds like you do, you have a total of 4 blend door motors.

one for mode, defrost, dash, floor, etc
one for fresh air, or recirulate
and two, one for each side, driver and passenger.

its possible you had more than one bad, or the new one still isn't working, maybe in a bind, so not clicking, etc
Thanks for the reply. It is dual zone and all the other functions work correctly except for blowing hot air. I wonder if it could be something with the computer. I drove the truck today and when I got it the driver side climate reading climbed on its own from 72 degrees to 80.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:13 PM

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

I edited my post above, but did you have the mech fix the clicking, which he did, OR did you specify no cold air on driver's side, which he didn't.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:43 PM

My truck was doing the same thing and it ended up being the driver side blend door actuator which is the hardest one to get to. So while the mechanic was in there I had him replace both the blend door actuators and now all is good.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have replaced these in many vehicles. For the low price of actuators they can be one of the worst jobs to complete. I think one is going oUt in my wifes 16 Escape which is worse than the f150 because the dash is so small and confined.

Quick Reply: Blend door actuator replaced but still having issues