Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13-14 Raptor Headlight lense replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 05:17 AM
Mods in Progress

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 13-14 Raptor Headlight lense replacement

Looking for replacement Lenses for the 2013-2014 Xenon HID headlights. I'm retrofitting these headlights and need new lenses. I've already had the original lenses professionally refinished and they are not good enough. I have purchased a pair of replacement lenses for $169 shipped and they have several issues. The mounting holes for the internal components are too big for the oem screws, 3 of the 5 tabs that fit the housing clips are misaligned( they miss the housing clips to the left or right) and there is some extra material on one of the edges( seen in the first picture on the far right edge). I assumed that much money would guarantee quality but they seem worse then cheap Amazon/Ebay ones. One picture of old lens on top of new lens, other picture of new lens in housing. I am not looking for refinishing ideas, only looking for a source for new lenses. I purchased these from https://www.bavgruppedesign.com/prod...-lenses-09-14/ Shortly after purchasing they upped the price $30 and added some additional shipping lead times. Also haven't heard what they plan to do to resolve this. But I need to finish this project and need new quality lenses. Why can't they sell the OEM ones with the curved seam on the front? Anyone with sourcing information would be greatly apprecialted!

Old 05-08-2024, 09:11 AM
Triton

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawoo
Looking for replacement Lenses for the 2013-2014 Xenon HID headlights. I'm retrofitting these headlights and need new lenses. I've already had the original lenses professionally refinished and they are not good enough. I have purchased a pair of replacement lenses for $169 shipped and they have several issues. The mounting holes for the internal components are too big for the oem screws, 3 of the 5 tabs that fit the housing clips are misaligned( they miss the housing clips to the left or right) and there is some extra material on one of the edges( seen in the first picture on the far right edge). I assumed that much money would guarantee quality but they seem worse then cheap Amazon/Ebay ones. One picture of old lens on top of new lens, other picture of new lens in housing. I am not looking for refinishing ideas, only looking for a source for new lenses. I purchased these from https://www.bavgruppedesign.com/prod...-lenses-09-14/ Shortly after purchasing they upped the price $30 and added some additional shipping lead times. Also haven't heard what they plan to do to resolve this. But I need to finish this project and need new quality lenses. Why can't they sell the OEM ones with the curved seam on the front? Anyone with sourcing information would be greatly apprecialted!

Just find some OEM halogen housings to take apart and swap. Either buy them new or find some on marketplace if in the condition your looking for

Quick Reply: 13-14 Raptor Headlight lense replacement