Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone replaced their driver's heated seat element?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 AM

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Anyone replaced their driver's heated seat element?

Hey all,
Searching the forums makes it apparent that many people are having driver's heated seat problems, and unfortunately I'm one of them. Last winter started noticing the element in my '11 FX4 getting REALLY hot (so much so I'd have to turn it off in a hurry as I was getting burned) then shortly afterwards stops working altogether. Took it to the dealer, they confirmed I need a new element, was certain that the extended warranty I forked extra cash over for would cover it... but of course not. They took out the pamphlet and showed me everything it covered, and sure enough, heated seats weren't in there. Then they wanted something like 300-400 bucks to fix it. A warm bum is nice but not worth that much. So I found an element to buy online but was wondering if anyone had replaced it already, and how much of a hassle it is getting the seat cover off... I've seen some people say the '11 FX4's leather seats require hog clips and I really don't want to deal with those; but then others say there's just glue and Velcro?
So I was hoping someone could confirm before I dive into this.
Thanks for any assistance!

Quick Reply: Anyone replaced their driver's heated seat element?