Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac/heat issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac/heat issues

So I just bought my 2014 FX4 5.0 with 50k miles a few months ago and have had an issue come up the other day.

When I turn my ac/heat on it comes on just fine and will blow the desired temp just fine, but for some reason when I turn off the ac/heat, it will keep blowing anyways. A few times it has started to blow even harder when I turn the ac/heat off.
And starting yesterday when I tried to turn it to blow on my feet, it decided it doesn’t want to come out at the feet vents but instead barely blow out of the defrost vents.

It seems to be working just fine with the tempature and fan speed but just won’t stop blowing until I turn off the truck and won’t blow out of the feet vents... other than that over summer the ac would stink sometimes when I would first start my truck and get going.

As far as I know once I shut the engine off the ac/heat will turn off too, but sometimes this is the only way I can get it to turn off.

My truck also has heated/cooled seats, I don’t know if that I can cause an issue for some reason.

Does anyone know what would be causing this I can’t find anything online and don’t want to just start replacing stuff for no reason.

Quick Reply: Ac/heat issues