Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 For F150 XLT 5.0 Blower Motor Resistor

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 For F150 XLT 5.0 Blower Motor Resistor

I tried a couple aftermarket resistors that did not work or only worked on one speed. After finding this forum, I found a thread that addressed this issue. The result was to order the Motorcraft YH-1829 A/C Blower Motor Switch. It worked for the original poster.

My issue... I have ordered this part 3 times from different vendors and each time they send part number YH-2060. I haven't opened the packages and just sent them back along with a message addressing with my concern that it is not the correct part. On this last time, the package has a sticker on it with the YH-1829, but the bag shows YH-2060. This was sold by Amazon.

So my question is, are these 2 part numbers equal to each other? I wouldn't think so, but I can't find anywhere that they are or are not.

My a/c has manual controls. What I'm reading is the YH-2060 is for automatic controls. Any help is appreciated.

I have attached a photo of the most recent package.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-04-2024, 07:37 AM
HOPEFUL

Received 270 Likes on 200 Posts

There is some confusion as to what is considered "manual" & "automatic" controls. How many fan settings does your truck have? if you have 7 speed settings, you do have the automatic controls. If you only have 4 speed settings you have manual.

to answer your question here, YES, YH2060 replaces YH1829

Manual AC part number is 3F2Z-18591-AA or YH1715
Old 04-04-2024, 09:00 AM

@Mpete, thanks. It is 7 speeds, so the YH-2060 should work then. I just didn't want to open the package without being for sure. I appreciate it

The following users liked this post:
MPETE (04-06-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 09:13 AM

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,705 Posts

You can always go to fordparts.com or fordpartsgiant.com and put your VIN in and it will generate parts for your vehicle.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:14 PM

Unfortunately, the YH-2060 didn't work. I can hear it attempting to do something. I can even hear things change when adjusting the temperature or speed, but nothing comes out. I guess I'll move on to the blower motor itself. It's just strange because one of the aftermarket resistors worked, but only has one speed.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:07 AM
Beeps and Boops

Received 1,049 Likes on 697 Posts

For max speed operation, the blower resistor bypasses any of its resistors and sends full battery voltage to the blower. If the resistor works but only at max speed, something about the internal circuitry is wrong for the truck but it's still able to pass full voltage.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Beeps and Boops

The service manual has three types of HVAC:
- EMTC with four blower speeds
- EMTC with 4.2" display and seven blower speeds
- EATC dual zone

EATC and EMTC with 4.2" display use the same blower speed control. You'll use the same parts and troubleshooting steps as auto climate control. What were your actual initial symptoms? If you can find the factory manual you're looking at pointpoint tests Y and Z.

Do you have any active codes?
Old 04-06-2024, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar
The service manual has three types of HVAC:
- EMTC with four blower speeds
- EMTC with 4.2" display and seven blower speeds
- EATC dual zone

EATC and EMTC with 4.2" display use the same blower speed control. You'll use the same parts and troubleshooting steps as auto climate control. What were your actual initial symptoms? If you can find the factory manual you're looking at pointpoint tests Y and Z.

Do you have any active codes?
I haven't checked the codes, but I had the truck in the shop at the local dealership for something else a couple months back and they said the blower motor resistor was bad and needed replaced. They just wanted to charge right at $1,000 to replace it and the blower motor.

The initial symptoms were the blower would work occasionally. Essentially, it wouldn't work, then my son would kick around the wiring to the resistor (it's his truck), and it would start working just fine. After a few months of that, it stopped working altogether.

I pulled the original resistor out to observe and the female and male connections were burned up. At first I tried cleaning them but that didn't work. That's when I proceeded with the aftermarket resistors. The one that worked only on high speed was the Carquest Premium #RUA1031 from Advance Auto Parts. I ended up returning the Carquest resistor and bought a Dorman Resistor kit from O'Reilly's, changed out the pigtail, and put their resistor in. No response at all. That's when I finally decided I needed to go OEM and ordered the Motorcraft resistor.

Dealership wants to charge too much for something that requires such little labor. I think that's ridiculous, but maybe I just need to bite the bullet and let them do it.

​​​​​

Old 04-08-2024, 09:24 AM
Beeps and Boops

You want the MOTORCRAFT YH2060 with the aluminum heatsink.

See what the codes are now, that can give you a hint. There's a pdf of the factory service manual floating around here, get that and walk through the troubleshooting steps, it will pinpoint exactly what's not working.
The following users liked this post:
Chetrick (04-08-2024)

Quick Reply: 2014 For F150 XLT 5.0 Blower Motor Resistor