Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 with a bad door key pad

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2014 with a bad door key pad

I sure hope someone can shed some light on this. I have a 2014 Screw with only 8000 miles on it.
I will start from the beginning of this particular problem.
My key pad on the door quit working. It would light up when you hit the first button, but no matter what code I entered it would not unlock the truck. I took it into the dealer and they said that there was as short in the keypad. So they would have to order a part and to come back again. So they were supposed to call me when it came in, they didn't, but I called them and they said, oh yes, it is here now. So I took my truck in. I dropped it off. Came back a few hours later and was told, that the door pad was replaced. But now the body computer is bad and they will have to order another one. UGH! So a few more days, and another problem, I think someone didn't secure the wiring in the door properly, everytime I put the window up or down it made noises. The computer finally comes in, I had to call and ask again. I again take the truck and drop it off and am told that it should only take about 30 minutes. Well I show up hours later for them to tell me that they needed BOTH original keys. So back home, get the keys. Get back and they tell me it will be a little while now because the mechanic working on it now has an alignment to do. So I wait, over 2 hours. They tell me that the computers in the truck are not syncing with each other. Or maybe they aren't syncing with the online ford computer. And they will have to give me a loaner and leave my truck. So I leave it. I call the next day(today) at noon, figured I gave them plenty of time to fix it. They said it still was not fixed. They called me back again around 3, he said he would call by 130. And told me that the computers were finally syncing. But that it still wasn't working. They said they would have to get back on it on Monday. And asked me about my remote start. If I had these problems since it was put on. No I have not had problems till now. The aftermarket dealer that installed this has done thousands of them, a lot of them on F150s. I had it done a week or so after I bought the truck. But never had a problem till last week.

So after a few trips to the dealer and lots of wasted hours my truck is siting in pieces in the dealers shop. I do have a loaner vehicle. But I love(or loved) my truck. It makes me sad. I am seriously thinking about taking a loss and trading it in on something else.

Anyone have any ideas? Any helps, suggestions or just support?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

sucks to hear, I'm surprised they didn't remove your aftermarket starter. Problems like this happen, it will get fixed. just be patient

I'm a service employee at a dealership for 11 years, I've seen all kinds
The following users liked this post:
r0dr0c (03-07-2015)

Quick Reply: 2014 with a bad door key pad