Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@011 3rd brakelight leak--Truck smells like death

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2011 3rd brakelight leak--Truck smells like death

Here is my story--Back in August it came a good rain one Friday and I did not drive the truck again till Monday morning. Well, I get in the truck Monday morning to go to work and it smelled like something had DIED in the truck. I get out and started pulling up floor mats expecting to find a dead mouse/ lizard or something like that. What I did find was my back seat and rear floorboard was soaked with water that had come through the 3rd brake light. I guess it sitting for three days in 100 degree heat made it smell like that. Well, took it to the dealer and they cleaned up everything and I got the truck back. It still stunk but they said it would get better in a few days---wrong, it got worse and got in the A/C. I took it back and they had it for 2 weeks. They re-shampooed everything including replacing the evaporator on A/C. Got the truck back about 10 days ago and it still stinks. My wife won't even drive it anymore. So I guess I will take it back for a third time and see what they can do.

Have any of ya'll ever had this happen--as far as not having a mildew smell but it smelling like something died in it from a water leak? BTW, it is a 2011 XLT 4x4 with 22k miles.

Thanks for your time,
Brian

Last edited by Msuforeman; 09-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had a few cars that I have been in that had a water leak and set and didn't smell like a dead animal. You may have something else going on.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

I think that for the third time, I'd insist on having them pay to take the truck to a high quality detail shop. They are the experts in something like this, and have the know how (and specialty products) to handle this.....

Quick Reply: @011 3rd brakelight leak--Truck smells like death