Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Question about KING coilovers for '09+ 4WD F150s

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Question about KING coilovers for '09+ 4WD F150s

Is there any difference between coilovers built for a Fabtech 6" lift versus coilovers built for a BDS 6" lift (or Pro-Comp, Rough Country, etc.)? I've got a couple people interested in some coilovers that I have left over from my old truck (which had a 6" Fabtech kit) and I told them they would work perfect but just for reassurance they wanted me to contact King and ask if they would work with other kits (which I had absolutely no problem doing because it is a big purchase). King claims that the shocks are built differently for each lift kit because each manufacturer achieves the lift in different ways. I don't believe that because as far as I know all current lift kit manufacturers use the OEM upper strut mount, lower the a-arm via a new subframe and include new knuckles. Regardless of the lift kit manufacturer you still have to have a coilover designed and built for 6" of lift. Now if the upper strut mount or a-arm were changed/modified I would understand where they're coming from because there could be some differences. However neither of those change with off the shelf kits.

In my opinion I believe this is total BS and they're just wanting to make a new sale. Any other opinions?

Quick Reply: Question about KING coilovers for '09+ 4WD F150s