Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit

I'm looking into budget boost lift options. I know I can get a body lift but how high can I go with out getting new shocks and what not? I've never delt with a body lift I've only done a few Suspension lifts with some jeep Cherokees and Comanches. I know they don't ride good but I don't care that much about ride.

Any thoughts on how hi or where to get it would be great. Thank you.

Brandon
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Oh and are there any junk yard parts I could use? because I know like with the jeeps there are a bunch oh junk yard lifts out there.

Brandon
Old 09-24-2011, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll have to buy a proper body lift. It'll come with all the extensions, spacers, and bolts you need. If you get the 3" it'll come with bumper relocation brackets, too. You probably won't find one at the junkyard, but if you find a truck with one, it wouldn't hurt to take a look, just make sure you get all the stuff you need. Unlike the jeeps, you won't need a MML (motor mount lift) or longer shocks or anything to make the body lift work as it doesn't affect the suspension, just the center of gravity.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Ok very cool. I've never done anything with body lifts so I just wasn't sure. I've check on line and it seems that I can pick one up cheep but I'm still not sure that I want to spend any thing over $100 on one.

Thanks again for the info now I know

Brandon
Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...uscon/713.html

3" is as high as you an go. Performance Accessories is the best brand. you wont need any new shocks or springs. the kit comes with everything you need. aside from extending some hoses and grinding a few bolts off, its pretty straight forward. im guessing this is for your 86 so i got a link for you to check out. if you want to life your truck but dont off road to much or to hard. a body lift is perfect.

Quick Reply: Lift kit