Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Bridgeport OHV again, red trails today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 06:29 PM

Received 644 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Bridgeport OHV again, red trails today!

Man, what a blast I had again today out in Bridgeport. Group of about 8-10 of use went out today, well 3 guys we met on the trails, and we all went together. Definitely some harder trails today, one by accident, lol. But, we all made it and had a blast. Need to get some rock sliders, I'm afraid these stock running boards will bend, or fall off one day. Got a few video clips on YouTube, and a few pics I'll post here. Hard to get more of me, since it was muddy, rocky, or a lot of brush. Plus, I am just lazy about getting pics. Pushed the ole Ford a little harder today, almost lost the plastic rear guard off the driver step rail, but it held on long enough for me to kick it back on, and I think it'll hold. Skid plates were used a few times, very glad I got those! Went over some bigger rocks than I have in the past, thru some deeper pits, harder side angles, and a narrow path that was dry enough not to get sucked into the side with trees.

Went through a place called Tree Ramble Junction, usually it is deep mud, but the recent heat and lack of rain helped dry it out enough, we all got through. The F-250 did get stuck and had to back up and get a little more momentum to get out. He also broke his front locker, so was 3 wheeling it half the day.

Got his side steps messed up a little, bent the passenger step back. Time for rock sliders!

Me at the end of the red trail/end of day

Oscar in his F-250

The following 2 users liked this post by RobTx:
Florida Hag (06-30-2019), Florida_F150 (06-30-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 09:13 PM

Got a few more pics from some others out today. Here is Tree Ramble Junction, a little past where I am, it goes up then a deep drop, way too deep last time I was out. Guys with 35 inch tires, water was over the top of them a few inches.

The following 2 users liked this post by RobTx:
Florida Hag (06-30-2019), Florida_F150 (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 11:39 AM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Looks awesome as always!
The following users liked this post:
RobTx (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:10 PM
Proud Southerner

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks like a fun Time!!!!!
RobTx (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:54 PM

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow! That looks like a good time! Thanks for sharing the videos.
RobTx (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 06:51 PM

Thanks guys, it was a blast! In 10 years when I retire, I know what I'm gonna do every day, lol.

So, washed the truck today, the tree rash is pretty good on the passenger side. Tried hand buffing it with microfiber towels, pretty much useless. So, looking on Amazon (where I buy most stuff), I had a choice of the Pro level (MT 300) or "beginner level" Meguiar's buffers. Went with the DA type, to avoid burning the paint, but I selected the less expensive model, just because it looks like a good choice, and I'll probably be using it a few times a year and don't need a professional finish by any means. Anyone use something similar, or have a better option for the tree rash?

https://smile.amazon.com/Meguiars-G5...gateway&sr=8-5

Here is my YouTube channel, I need to figure out how to make folders or something, so everything I uploaded over the last few years is here, but you can see the vid's from yesterday at the beginning. Should be about 8 different trucks going over stuff. May need to invest in a Go Pro, but I just don't wanna spend $400-500 on that right now. :-)
Some of the first vid's are like 2-3 seconds, my wife thought she switched to Pic mode, Chris wanted a pic while his truck was on the rock, so she got a few short vid's. I just did a mass upload and dragged all across, lazy way, I know...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxV..._as=subscriber
Florida_F150 (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:55 PM

Like I said, I love Amazon, so I just ordered a GoPro knock off, for $60! If it sucks, I can send it back, or give it to my niece to record her kids swimming. Next trip out to the park, maybe I'll have more/better vid's, just from my POV. :-)

COOAU 4K 20MP Wi-Fi Action Camera

Florida_F150 (06-30-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

A good quality dash cam (does not mean expensive) is also a fun way to record everything. That and a go pro work wonders! I am actually thinking about setting up a dash cam on my rzr since the go pro battery (I have a hero 5 session that has a built in battery and you can't change it) dies too quickly. The nice thing about the go pro is that it doesn't bounce that much with its image stabilization and you can grab it and record out of the vehicle. But the dash cam is nice for driving at all times!
RobTx (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:01 PM

Well, that camera is absolute junk! Giving it to my niece to video her kids, snd her son csn wear it playing hockey (practices). Definitely lower quality video in 4K thsn I exoected. The stabilization wotked decent tho, surprised me.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RobTx
Well, that camera is absolute junk! Giving it to my niece to video her kids, snd her son csn wear it playing hockey (practices). Definitely lower quality video in 4K thsn I exoected. The stabilization wotked decent tho, surprised me.
I have a Garmin Dash Cam 55. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. The video quality is excellent. And, it has voice commands. I have had it over a year and no problems.
The first 2 pics are just still images from a video. The video is much sharper. The last one is an actual picture that I took of someone going about 80 in a 65. If I can figure out how to upload video, I will post it.

RobTx (07-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Bridgeport OHV again, red trails today!