Topic Sponsor
Wheels & Tires Let's talk Wheels & Tires here!

All terrains and mud tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 11:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default All terrains and mud tires

Hey everyone first time posting. Have a 2014 f150 5.0 screw 6.5 bed 4x4 with stock lift. Picked it up a month ago with only 20k miles and it looks like it just rolled off the line so pretty stoked...except for the rims. Looking at getting 18x9 fuel assault D576 rims. Want to pair them with a good set of all terrains for the summer towing on dirt roads and winter snow as well as the upgraded look. It seems though quite a few of the popular tires aren’t very compatible with maintaining mpg. With 3.73 gears and mostly city driving I’m usually in the 13.5-14mpg range and not looking to drop that too much. Any suggestions on some that aren’t too hard on mpg? I also came across the repulsor M/T RX which seem to be pretty solid and very well priced, but not a whole lot of reviews. Any info on these would be helpful too. Thanks I’m advance
Old 03-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Bogzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moto metal rims with Terra Grappler G2 tires LT27570R18 on 13 5.0 XLT
Old 03-31-2019, 02:08 PM
Bogzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At's

Traded a 13 JK Wrangler for this 13 F150 three weeks ago and haven't had buyer's remorse yet.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

I had a '12 Ecoboost, and can tell you unequivocally that it did NOT like larger tires.
Driving like there was a flaming bag of dog poo under the accelerator, with 35's(I leveled it) I kept resetting the mileage gauge when it would hit 10.0mpg 'cuz I didn't wanna see where it bottomed.
I couldn't handle it so I replaced those with 33's, and it bumped up the mileage to the high 11's
My truck also had 3.73s, and I ran ATs on it
I drove prolly 60/40 street/freeway
Old 04-03-2019, 11:10 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by yokev
I had a '12 Ecoboost, and can tell you unequivocally that it did NOT like larger tires.
Driving like there was a flaming bag of dog poo under the accelerator, with 35's(I leveled it) I kept resetting the mileage gauge when it would hit 10.0mpg 'cuz I didn't wanna see where it bottomed.
I couldn't handle it so I replaced those with 33's, and it bumped up the mileage to the high 11's
My truck also had 3.73s, and I ran ATs on it
I drove prolly 60/40 street/freeway
This is very interesting to me. I have factory size Cooper AT3’s on right now. They came with the truck when I bought it. I was about to pull the trigger on some 295/70/18 ridge grapplers. I have the 3.55 e locker. Will this be too much weight? They are a fairly heavy tire.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:20 AM
Heat Miser

Originally Posted by LexPD
This is very interesting to me. I have factory size Cooper AT3’s on right now. They came with the truck when I bought it. I was about to pull the trigger on some 295/70/18 ridge grapplers. I have the 3.55 e locker. Will this be too much weight? They are a fairly heavy tire.
I just put the same size(they're 34.3" tall btw) on my '18(diesel), and Nitto actually makes at least Terra Grapplers in "P"(B) rating. They're almost 14lbs less than the equivalent LT(10-ply/ 'E' rated, which is total overkill for the F150), plus they run less pressure, meaning softer ride. The 'P's are rated for like 2800lbs each, which is more than enough for the F150. The LT's are rated for I wanna say 4000lbs/ea..
If you're set on the Ridge Grapp's, unfortunately I'm pretty sure they only make 'em in E.
Edit: I just re-read your initial post, and it looks like you're running stock height?
If so, I don't think you'll be able to get 34" tires in there. I've got a 4.5" lift on mine, and here's how they look on it.

Picture that front end dropped 4.5", and that's you.
IMO It'd even be tight leveled.

Last edited by yokev; 04-04-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by yokev
I just put the same size(they're 34.3" tall btw) on my '18(diesel), and Nitto actually makes at least Terra Grapplers in "P"(B) rating. They're almost 14lbs less than the equivalent LT(10-ply/ 'E' rated, which is total overkill for the F150), plus they run less pressure, meaning softer ride. The 'P's are rated for like 2800lbs each, which is more than enough for the F150. The LT's are rated for I wanna say 4000lbs/ea..
If you're set on the Ridge Grapp's, unfortunately I'm pretty sure they only make 'em in E.
Edit: I just re-read your initial post, and it looks like you're running stock height?
If so, I don't think you'll be able to get 34" tires in there. I've got a 4.5" lift on mine, and here's how they look on it.

Picture that front end dropped 4.5", and that's you.
IMO It'd even be tight leveled.
Truck looks great buddy. I appreciate the response. I’m running Bilstein at top setting. Others have ran the same setup and had to do some minor trimming st most to run it. My main concern is the weight of the tires with the Ecoboost and 3.55 gears. I’m just thinking I might need to go with a lighter tire.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Heat Miser

Originally Posted by LexPD
Truck looks great buddy. I appreciate the response. I’m running Bilstein at top setting. Others have ran the same setup and had to do some minor trimming st most to run it. My main concern is the weight of the tires with the Ecoboost and 3.55 gears. I’m just thinking I might need to go with a lighter tire.
Check out the P-rated Terra Grapps then.
They're like 53lbs each, compared to the 10-ply Terra/Ridge Grapps, which are mid-60s.

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truc...ht-truck-tire/
Scroll down the page and you'll see all the sizes and specs of each tire
BTW they're G2's

Quick Reply: All terrains and mud tires