Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Wiring completed, turned on power, no sound...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Wiring completed, turned on power, no sound...

Head unit, For-11ck to speedwire to Dayton 408, rca to JL 700/5.

JL to speed wire to for11-ck to speakers.

Plugged in harness to back of stereo, sound only from center speaker. Unplugged harness, and hit speaker leads from JL and heard speakers hum so that tells me speedwire is good.

i have green light on amp and 408, just no sound.

dayton set in remote.

also, checked to make sure rcas are in the correct direction according to the print on them. First I’ve ever heard of directional rca....

i set system back to oringinal wiring and sound so, either 408 or amp is not set correctly even tho wiring is checked.

I dont one think I need to change any forscan setting from what ive read.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:48 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Sainte
Head unit, For-11ck to speedwire to Dayton 408, rca to JL 700/5.

JL to speed wire to for11-ck to speakers.

Plugged in harness to back of stereo, sound only from center speaker. Unplugged harness, and hit speaker leads from JL and heard speakers hum so that tells me speedwire is good.

i have green light on amp and 408, just no sound.

dayton set in remote.

also, checked to make sure rcas are in the correct direction according to the print on them. First I’ve ever heard of directional rca....

i set system back to oringinal wiring and sound so, either 408 or amp is not set correctly even tho wiring is checked.

I dont one think I need to change any forscan setting from what ive read.
You have to configure the Dayton before sound will come out. This includes a reset of the Dayton and then program of your settings, time alignment, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by dhmcfadin:
PLASMAN (04-18-2019), Sainte (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
You have to configure the Dayton before sound will come out. This includes a reset of the Dayton and then program of your settings, time alignment, etc.
thanks! There was only one sheet of paper in the box.....
Old 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
If you were here I'd give you the BIGGEST no homo kiss!

Went out with the laptop and down loaded the new Interface and Firmware. It was a monumental PIA as WinZp did not want to play with my circa 2005 lap top. WinRar saved the day tho!

Installed and started messing around with the settings, after a few minutes, I think I got a handle on it. I still need to tweak some settings but, that can be done via iPad. I did like how I could punch in the numbers with the lap top tho.

I used to have to crank up the volume to about 17 for any decent sound, now, at 8 my gas pedal is vibrating....I don't think any SecondSkin is going to help that!

Thank you again for the help and advice. It has been 17 years since I have installed a real system and about 5 since I installed a head unit and two spkrs. Your help made all the difference.
The following users liked this post:
nineball (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 10:32 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Sainte
If you were here I'd give you the BIGGEST no homo kiss!

Went out with the laptop and down loaded the new Interface and Firmware. It was a monumental PIA as WinZp did not want to play with my circa 2005 lap top. WinRar saved the day tho!

Installed and started messing around with the settings, after a few minutes, I think I got a handle on it. I still need to tweak some settings but, that can be done via iPad. I did like how I could punch in the numbers with the lap top tho.

I used to have to crank up the volume to about 17 for any decent sound, now, at 8 my gas pedal is vibrating....I don't think any SecondSkin is going to help that!

Thank you again for the help and advice. It has been 17 years since I have installed a real system and about 5 since I installed a head unit and two spkrs. Your help made all the difference.
Just make sure your gains are set properly on your amp. Distortion kills speakers. 8 shouldn't be that loud.
The following 4 users liked this post by dhmcfadin:
jdunk54nl (04-18-2019), nineball (04-17-2019), PLASMAN (04-18-2019), Wyo11Scab (04-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Wiring completed, turned on power, no sound...