Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Who has replaced the `15 sony speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Who has replaced the `15 sony speakers?

Just wanted to read some experiences on upgrading the sony audio speakers with better aftermarket ones? I see some people say it makes a huge difference but I am not sure what kind of audiophiles they are because I see them replacing speakers with coaxial, which is a big no-no for me because the tweeter will lower the soundstage an cause all kinds of havoc... so any other experiences?

I would also like to know if you guys "lost" or "gained" power with the replacement.

Thanks!
JC
Old 09-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by James Cole
Just wanted to read some experiences on upgrading the sony audio speakers with better aftermarket ones? I see some people say it makes a huge difference but I am not sure what kind of audiophiles they are because I see them replacing speakers with coaxial, which is a big no-no for me because the tweeter will lower the soundstage an cause all kinds of havoc... so any other experiences?

I would also like to know if you guys "lost" or "gained" power with the replacement.

Thanks!
JC
But keeping the factory tweeter will keep the soundstage higher. Having 2 tweeters isn't a problem. But I do agree that components would have been a better choice.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I have not but looking at two different options
1) stage 3 motor sports sells a kicker five speaker upgrade
2) another member installed infinity kappas however it was a non Sony system if I remember correctly
I want to upgrade the speakers and add an amp to power them but that damn Sony amp is the problem.
I've already disabled the fake engine noise as well

Quick Reply: Who has replaced the `15 sony speakers?