Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

What's a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Default What's a good choice?

Recently added a Alpine 4channel 45w amp and am looking for a good set (4) speakers to pair with it. I have Kicker CS series in there now but they can't handle rhe added power. They are also all highs and mids. Or at least it sounds like it. I had Best Buy do the install and purchased their 1yr install plan. Whatever it's called... Plan to install head unit soon but they have an open box sale ($200) on the kicker 8" powered subwoofer. Is that any good? Don't need to rattle the windows, just the seats..Lol
Amyway, enough rambling. I appreciate any help you guys can offer.
Thank you..
Old 06-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by RiffRaff00
Recently added a Alpine 4channel 45w amp and am looking for a good set (4) speakers to pair with it. I have Kicker CS series in there now but they can't handle rhe added power. They are also all highs and mids. Or at least it sounds like it. I had Best Buy do the install and purchased their 1yr install plan. Whatever it's called... Plan to install head unit soon but they have an open box sale ($200) on the kicker 8" powered subwoofer. Is that any good? Don't need to rattle the windows, just the seats..Lol
Amyway, enough rambling. I appreciate any help you guys can offer.
Thank you..
Try to stay away from the ultra compact subwoofers. You will be less than impressed. I know they seem cheap but spending a little more on a nice shallow mount sub, enclosure, and sub amp would be my recommended course of action. The Rockford Fosgate p300-10t would be a great budget sub/amp combo. I can't speaker for the enclosure fitting behind the rear seat but, it will absolutely fit under the rear bench seat and is covered in nice black vinyl which adds a bit of oem style to it. MSRP is about $230.00. But send Bruce at Hush Car Audio a message, I bet he can help you out there.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P30...0T.html?tp=114

As far as door speakers, the Morel Maximo is an excellent value and will welcome the added power of the alpine. You'll install the tweeters in the a-pillars and the midbass in the door. Morels generally sound warm without any eq which is the exact opposite of kicker speakers. $200.00 MSRP. Looks like they are on sale right now too. Again, send Hush Car Audio a message. Focus on the just the front of the truck and leave the rear speakers alone.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAX...-Maximo-6.html

As far as the headunit goes, any particular reason you want to replace? Or do you have the factory 4 inch screen? If you have the 8" screen, I would leave it alone. The oem headunit is a more than adequate source for your system. But that's my opinion.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the help. To answer your question, I want to replace the stock sync1 system because of problems with Bluetooth pairing and the voice control is a little iffy.. Works mostly but sometimes not

Last edited by RiffRaff00; 06-09-2019 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Not finished
Old 06-09-2019, 10:00 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by RiffRaff00
Thanks for the help. To answer your question, I want to replace the stock sync1 system because of problems with Bluetooth pairing and the voice control is a little iffy.. Works mostly but sometimes not
Gotcha. Yeah, then go ahead and replace it. What's your budget?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:21 AM

Probably no more than 400 for head unit. I just need backup camera, phone, steering wheel integration and ... I think thats it. I stream Pandora and spotify thru my phone
Old 06-10-2019, 12:42 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

At $400 your choices will be very limited and nothing I would highly recommend at that price point honestly. They do make head units with the options you want but I'm not to keen on the options that are offered at that price point. Keep in mind that after the install kit, steering wheel control, etc. etc. you'll need a tad more money to get everything installed correctly. The good thing would be not needing an amp for the door speakers if you get a head unit usually, no need for a kit to pull signal since the head unit will have RCA outputs, etc. etc.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

This is kind of new but getting good reviews at the price point
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0jNsw8...-ILX-W650.html

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,143 Posts

i'm always confused when people say they don't want the windows to rattle .. you guys know you don't have to play your sub loud right? just because you have a sub that can rattle windows does obligate you to play it at that level .. further more i have 2 subs that peak at 1800 watts each and they don't even rattle windows
Old 06-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by doug97gxe
i'm always confused when people say they don't want the windows to rattle .. you guys know you don't have to play your sub loud right? just because you have a sub that can rattle windows does obligate you to play it at that level .. further more i have 2 subs that peak at 1800 watts each and they don't even rattle windows

anyone who knows anything about car electronics, and that includes you, knows the "peak" numbers don't mean a thing. in your scenario it is what your sub could handle, theoretically, for one nanosecond in time. feed that sub a true 1800rms and it won't have a chance to laugh at you before it blows

the larger the sub and the more power it can handle typically results in larger box requirements, so that is another reason many in our world (trucks) choose to go with smaller or lesser powered subs. not to mention it's cheaper for not only the sub purchase but also the amp(s) and wiring.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
This is kind of new but getting good reviews at the price point
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0jNsw8...-ILX-W650.html
Thanks.. Just checked it out. Seems to be exactly what I was looking for at a lower price than anticipated..

Quick Reply: What's a good choice?